IJM’s Global Advancement division is responsible for advancing IJM's mission by changing the conversation around violence against the poor, expanding the number of people and institutions championing the fight for justice, and equipping followers of Christ to engage in the mission to protect the poor from slavery and violence. The Project Manager is responsible for driving global initiatives that advance the justice movement. In particular, the Project Manager will work with Global Advancement team leaders to execute strategic campaigns and mobilization initiatives.
The position is based at IJM Headquarters in the Washington, DC area and reports to the Senior Program Manager on the Strategy and Operations team in Global Advancement.
Project Management for Global Projects
- Provide project leadership and management for global initiatives as assigned by the Senior Program Manager, collaborating with stakeholders across offices in multiple countries. This role specifically will manage a global website implementation;
- Develop and manage clear project plans, budgets, and timelines;
- Liaise with stakeholders at a variety of levels, including leadership, to ensure effective internal communication, status reporting, and change management for new initiatives; and
- Monitor project performance to ensure high ROI and alignment with division strategy.
Champion Processes for Organizational Growth and Efficiency
- As part of the project management team in Global Advancement, identify roadblocks, bottlenecks, and risks in division processes and systems and help implement solutions that enable the division to run in a predictable and efficient manner;
- Lead in championing change and strong communication with a global team; and
- Work with the Senior Program Manager to build a professional project management capability within the Global Advancement division.
Required Skills and Experience
- 3-5 years of work experience with 2-3 years of project management experience;
- Experience managing a global web project strongly preferred;
- PMP or Agile certification strongly preferred;
- Experience managing complex projects across global teams; experience with marketing projects preferred;
- Ability to manage multiple projects with strong prioritization skills;
- Experience fostering cross-team collaboration, proven ability to lead through influence, and experience building trust across teams; and
- Exceptional communication and facilitation skills and ability to communicate complex information in a simple, concise manner.
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
- Self-starter with strong initiative;
- Able to build trust quickly working across teams and cultures;
- Focused on problem-solving and highly solution-oriented;
- Adaptable and a champion of change; and
- High attention to detail.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org