Under the responsibility of the EU Policy Manager and the supervision of the Head of EU Office, the Policy Officer will implement activities on the following issues among others:
- Implementation of GHA strategy for the EU elections;
- Implementation of GHA strategy on the fight against malnutrition (organisation of event and contribution to the Generation Nutrition coalition);
- Analysis and reaction to ongoing development of EU external action and development policies;
- Research and policy analysis on the securitisation of EU development and health policies.
The Policy Officer will undertake the following tasks:
- Undertake research and policy analysis on EU policies linked to global health and development;
- Draft briefing notes, policy papers and reports on issues covered by GHA’s mandate;
- Build and maintain contacts with the European Parliament, key decision makers, civil society groups and activists;
- Reporting & office administration;
- Any other task within the framework of GHA’s work.
- Excellent drafting skills in English (able to publish position papers, articles without nativespeaker supervision);
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to multitask and work independently;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Proven ability to coordinate activities involving multiple stakeholders in multiple countries.
- Strong interest and motivation to work on poverty related issues;
- Good understanding of EU policies and functioning of the European institutions;
- Knowledge of development issues and global health;
- Good understanding of advocacy techniques and strategies.
- Knowledge of French;
- Experience abroad;
- Flexible and creative.
DIPLOMA AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum two years’ experience working in public policy advocacy projects/campaigns (ideally multi-country), in conjunction with civil society;
- Masters Degree in public health, political science, social science, communication or international relations.
LOCATION: The position is full-time and Brussels-based with travel in Europe and worldwide.
TERM: fixed term contract until December 2018, renewable until June 2019 and potentially leading to a permanent position.
SALARY: competitive salary depending on experience.
START DATE: as soon as possible
Please send your CV and cover letter with the subject line: “EU Policy Officer *your name*” by 12 July 6pm CET.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org