The primary responsibility of this position will be to work closely with the Country Director to manage Zangar youth development program based in Atyrau, Kazakhstan and particularly provide technical support to IYF’s Passport to Success® Life Skills youth training initiatives, oversight of IYF Life Skills local partner, as well as other cross-cutting activities. He or she will be a core member of the local program implementation team, working closely with IYF cross-functional technical and operations staff based in the USA, local program partners and trainers.
The Project Manager will be based in Atyrau, Kazakhstan. The ideal candidate will be a person with a commitment to community and education development, with experience managing education, training, and/or youth development programs in Kazakhstan.
- Work closely with the Country Director and IYF Kazakhstan cross-functional technical staff to support and contribute to IYF Kazakhstan programs, through conceptualization, design, planning, development, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, implementation, reporting on programs and activities in accordance with donor expectations, grant agreements, and work plans;
- Support the Country Director in ensuring quality interventions for youth that promote Life skills development and increased employability potential;
- Oversee sub-grants and contracts to partners including due diligence documentation, budgeting, disbursements, technical and capacity building support, monitoring and evaluation of activities, etc. to ensure successful program delivery;
- Provide technical support in developing and managing capacity building support for IYF local partners, NGOs and/or government partners and other relevant stake-holders involved in the Kazakhstan program, with specific focus on quality delivery of IYF’s Passport to Success® Life skills training program and integrating implementation models that will support scale and sustainability;
- Provide support and training on the adaptation, the in-country deployment, and sustainability of the IYF Passport to Success® Life Skills program, in compliance with work plans and budgets;
- Support the organization of community outreach events and other community based activities as part of the program;
- Communicate effectively and collaboratively with donors, partners, relevant government authorities, private sector partners, and other key stakeholders as assigned;
- Review partner reports and contribute to the preparation of quarterly and annual reports to program donors, partners, and other key stakeholders;
- Provide significant support to the logistical and organizational aspects of program planning, including the securing of training and meeting venues, preparing and printing outreach materials, and the coordination and set up of program activities at specific community events;
- Stay up to date with national education policies, strategies and plans;
- Complete other duties as assigned including meetings, calls, conference, and more;
- Support other program staff and assigned tasks including regular IYF blog posts writing and M&E data collection and interpretation.
- Understanding and demonstrated knowledge of youth development, issues affecting young people and their preparation for employment, and the education system in Kazakhstan;
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to convey complex concepts and recommendations, both orally and in writing, in a clear and persuasive style tailored to match different audiences, draft reports and technical memoranda;
- Strong collaboration and partnership building skills. Experience in working, and developing partnerships with, corporate donors would be an asset;
- Ability to interact, establish and maintain effective working relations with a culturally diverse team, as a team member, to build trust, and to manage in a deliberate, transparent and predictable way;
- Strong coordination and facilitation skills;
- Demonstrates ethics and integrity;
- Proven organizational and coordination skills;
- Ability to interact with a wide range of partners and government officials;
- The ability to work successfully within a variety of cross-cultural settings and make judgments in a fast-paced environment, including taking direction from multiple sources;
- Ability to develop clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team;
- Ability to monitor progress against milestones and deadlines;
- Ability to take initiative and provide quality and timely support;
- Flexibility to adjust work schedules and priorities;
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines, and intense pressure;
- Ability to handle effectively multiple tasks without compromising quality, team spirit and positive working relationships;
- Excellent computer skills using MS Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of education, social sciences, socio economic studies or another related field;
- Minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience in planning and implementing multi-faceted programs for young people;
- Experience in program performance measurement and training preferred;
- Excellent knowledge (written and spoken) of English, Kazakh and Russian required.
Please submit the following documents in English via email with "Kazakhstan – Program Manager" in the subject line by midnight local time, 15 July 2018:
To be eligible for this position, applicants must have the legal authority to work and reside in Kazakhstan; position is a local hire position and local nationals are encouraged to apply.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org