Serve as a Military Intelligence Analyst at the GG-13 grade level within the Naval Undersea Research and Threat Analysis Center responsible for performing highly complex all-source research on a variety of foreign maritime issues.
All Defense Intelligence positions under the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) are in the excepted service by specific statute, 10 U.S.C. 1601. This position is in the excepted service and does not confer competitive status.
- You will Utilize a wide range of knowledge in major intelligence collection areas (SIGINT, HUMINT, OSINT, IMINT) of programs/subject areas in analytic area of responsibility.
- You will execute short/adhoc tasks to long-term analytical and collection studies.
- You will collaborate with command's intelligence experts to plan and organize analytical research efforts.
- You will coordinate analytical activities with internal and external organization.
- You will identify critical intelligence gaps facing the Navy and develops/implements collection initiatives to solve information shortfalls.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify/.
- You must obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance and access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI). Failure to do so may result in the withdrawal of an offer or removal. Indicate the level and date of your clearance in your resume.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or pass the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- You must acknowledge in writing that you are accepting an appointment in the DCIPS (excepted service) which does not confer competitive status, prior to appointment.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GG/GS-12 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector performing some or all of the following duties: 1) Performing highly complex all-source research on a variety of foreign maritime issues and authoring detailed threat assessment studies, assembling mission support packages; 2) Utilizing a wide range of knowledge in major intelligence collection areas (SIGINT, HUMINT, OSINT, IMINT) of programs/ and subject areas in analytic area of responsibility; 3) Collaborating with command's intelligence experts to plan and organize analytical research efforts; 4) Coordinating analytical activities with internal and external organization.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org