Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please Click Here.
Learn more about this agency
This Program Analyst position is located in the Office of Intelligence and Analysis (OIA), Program Management Division, Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). If selected for this position, you will be responsible for supporting the management of new and existing projects and programs within the Program Management Division (PMD) Maritime Branch, ensuring alignment to Branch operational, enrollment, and vetting capabilities. You will apply your expert knowledge of principles, concepts, regulations and practices as it relates to maritime and national security programs. The incumbent will serve as a TSA agency lead, subject matter expert and principal point of contact in your program area for challenging projects, programs, and activities. Typical assignments will include but are not limited to:
- Developing and implementing internal and external communications in support of transportation security programs including presentations, briefings, responses to DHS/TSA leadership concerns and issues; coordinating and leading responses to internal and external program entities to include Congressional, General Accounting Office (GAO), and DHS Inspector General (IG) inquiries, audits and inspections; and stakeholder and transportation workers' concerns;
- Drafting, reviewing, and implementing statutes and regulations pertaining to a national security program and/or a portfolio of programs; performing policy compliance reviews and providing qualitative analysis in determining relevant, high priority policies impacting transportation security programs to include assessing the program compliance to DHS/TSA management directives, guidance and established policy;
- Planning and managing operations and logistics for complex biometric smart card production and issuance in alignment with DHS/Federal Personal Identity Verification (PIV) credential standards requiring coordination, management and tracking of card production, quality assurance, shipment/returns, remote and in-person smart card activation for transportation workers for new, lost/stolen, revoked and replacement credentials across the U.S. and U.S. territories;
- Supporting a DHS Major Acquisition Program per DHS/TSA directives and instructions; adhering to federal regulations and legislative mandates governing the program; managing risks and developing risk mitigation strategies; establishing and maintaining internal controls; establishing and monitoring program measures and metrics; planning, directing and coordinating broad and highly complex projects that cross organizational lines and transportation modes, and which provide support for strategic TSA/OIA goals and operations while addressing concerns/issues from Congressional, industry, governmental stakeholders and transportation workers; and
- Supporting and managing strategic initiatives that establish and standardize services and policies for TSA and external Security Threat Assessment (STA) programs, including standardized enrollment services, centralized requirements management, standardized data collection and associated processes/policies.
The major duties described above reflect the full performance level of this position. Typically, the lower pay band (I Band) performs the same duties but will receive more guidance and training; and/or projects/work assignments may be less complex.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org