World Monuments Fund seeks a Development Assistant to contribute to our global, creative, and inclusive organization. This individual is responsible for supporting the fundraising efforts of the development department. The Development Assistant will report to the Board Relations Manager and work closely with the President, Vice President of External Affairs, Director of Development, and Director of Patron Programs. The successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial, energetic, goal-oriented individual with excellent organizational skills. Primary responsibilities include acknowledgement processing, maintaining donor records, drafting correspondence, coordinating departmental meetings, and assisting with coordination of international donor travel program.
Major areas of responsibility and related tasks include:
- Support the development department in annual fundraising efforts
- Update donor database, including logging meetings, correspondence, contacts, address corrections, etc.
- Conduct donor and prospect research
- Draft timely and personalized acknowledgement letters and donor correspondence with great attention to detail
- Develop and produce database queries and mail merges
- Coordinate event mailings, RSVP tracking, and check-in at events; occasional evenings required
- Assist with the preparation of proposals and reports, and the preparation of meeting materials
- Maintain organized, up-to-date donor files and giving histories
- Coordinate the fulfillment of membership benefits
- Keep organizational events calendar
- Schedule and coordinate both internal and external development meetings
- Support scheduling for the President and CEO, and Manager of Patron Programs
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, prefer major in Art History, English, or International Affairs
- 2+ years experience in fundraising and prospect research
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills (including the ability to work well with staff at all organizational levels)
- Highly organized and detail oriented with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and projects, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Results oriented
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; Salesforce experience a plus
Please submit a cover letter and resume by applying below. Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org