To strengthen Midwives Associations and to advance the profession of midwifery globally by promoting autonomous midwives as the most appropriate caregivers for childbearing women and in keeping birth normal, in order to enhance the reproductive health of women, and the health of their newborn and their families.
The Communications Manager plays a significant role in designing and implementing ICM’s strategic communications in alignment with the overall strategy. In this role, the Communications Manager reports to the ICM Programs Director and the Chief Executive. There is scope for the remit of this position to expand as the communications department grows. We are seeking a candidate with the ambition, vision and capability to advance the communications department and potentially elevate to a position on the Senior Management Team in the future.
1. Content Development
· Write, collate (including copyediting and proofreading where necessary) and upload high quality, engaging content to the ICM website – in line with agreed content priorities – and upload resources and other programme content.
· Research, create, develop and produce high quality content for the ICM newsletters.
· Lead design and layout of marketing collateral using InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator and commission external agencies and associates where required e.g. design, print, copy-writers and photography.
· Develop and optimise digital and social media outputs, including text, images, video and audio to reach wide-ranging target audiences, including as part of larger campaigns which require coordination with other teams in the organisation
· To create engaging and relevant digital content for the organisation and analyse success of this content according to performance indicators. Monitor social media channels and respond to day to day queries, and use this experience to identify new opportunities in digital outreach.
· Contribute to the creation of content strategy, helping to identify the most compelling ‘stories’ and most effective ways of communicating our work via digital channels.
· Help to co-ordinate and create stand-out digital marketing campaigns to help promote ICM’s different service areas e.g. through the use of compelling content, email marketing, videos, podcasts, infographics and photography.
2. Planning and Organising
· Oversees ICM press and media outreach including pitching, external contracts, and relationship cultivating with journalists and others in the media
· Manages the ICM website including content development
· Oversees all digital and social media properties for ICM newsletter, Twitter, Facebook and other social media
· Develops and manages event prep. and talking points for ICM team staff
· Develops op-eds and supports drafting and copyediting for key editorial pieces
· Manages the ICM editorial calendar, and external communications around key anniversaries and advocacy moments
· Coordinates/assists conference managers with the communications components of the ICM Triennial Conference, diverse regional conferences, including planning workshop sessions and speaker prep.
· Supports the management of relationships and projects plans, timelines, and budgets with work that may require external consultants or vendors (e.g., designers, printers, editors, videographers, photographers, digital and communications consultants, etc.)
4. Other Duties
Skills and Attributes
Please note that ICM will not apply for work permits and will only review applications for candidates that:
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org