Provides technical assistance and support to programs. Collects, complies, and analyzes information relevant to programs. Provides administrative and project support, in addition to communication efforts related to program management and execution. Ensures compliance with internal and external regulations. Monitors budget for programs and develops monitoring system for reviewing project status. Ensures completion of program while adhering to budget, scope, and schedule requirements. Develops/Reviews work plans, prepares presentations, and supports other related program objectives and deliverables.
- Works with Project Manager and assists with subaward management, budgets, proposals, and developing project materials and related information;
- Works with Operations Business Manager to develop, run, and analyze financial reports using Costpoint Enterprise Reporting (CER) and track project level of effort (LOE);
- Provides support to program management such as troubleshooting, updates work plans, coordinates travel arrangements and monitors program activities;
- Tracks performance against Financial Cost Objective (FCO) ID, project timelines, budget, objectives, and deliverables;
- Facilitates communication by answering partner inquires and monitoring project websites;
- Designs, implements, and coordinates specific program activities and may conduct research to achieve program goals;
- Collects, complies and analyzes information relevant to the program;
- May provide administrative support to programs as needed by writing, reviewing, and translating reports on a quarterly basis;
- Provides technical assistance and support to program;
- Reviews and contributes to work plans for one or many programs;
- Documents and shares project accomplishments, challenges, and lessons learned among internal and external partners;
- Serves as the liaison for internal units, such as finance, contracts, centers, etc.;
- Supports program/project teams administratively and technically to provide high quality deliverables to clients;
- Supports management of project documentation through archiving documentation and curating SharePoint sites as necessary to keep documentation orderly and accessible;
- Ensures compliance with internal and external regulations. Monitors budget for programs and develops monitoring system for reviewing project status. Ensures completion of program while adhering to budget, scope, and schedule requirements. Develops/reviews work plans, prepares presentations, and supports other related program objectives and deliverables.
There are 31 FHI360 development competencies. The focus for this particular job will be:
- Project Management (Planning and Time Management) - accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks (sets objectives/goals/measures). Breaks down work into steps, schedules, task/people assignments. Marshals people, time, and resource efficiently. Arranges information in a useful manner, and orchestrates multiple activities at once;
- Problem Solving – analyzes problems, seeks input from others and considers a variety of solutions. Chooses most efficient and effective solutions with attention to the impact that solution has on other projects and tasks;
- Technical Skills and Learning – let's go of outdated processes and procedures, seeks out resources to enhance technical skills, and readily learns new industry processes, systems and products;
- Employees are expected to possess, or have high-potential for development of these three fundamental competencies.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Working knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures with program design;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite software;
- Ability to problem solve and recommend corrective action as needed;
- Strong organizational and attention detail needed to adhere to project deadlines.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Works on problems of moderate scope that require a review of various factors;
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action;
- Builds rapport with internal and external contacts;
- Decisions may cause delays and affect a work unit or area within a department.
- Receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments;
- Uses independent judgment in determining work-flow and priorities;
- Typically reports to a Manager/Associate Director/Director.
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent - Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field;
- Project Management (PM) Certification preferred.
- Typically requires a minimum of 2-5 years’ experience with public health program management, US Government rules and regulations;
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff;
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language as appropriate;
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private organization;
- Prior experience using Microsoft Office Suite preferred.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org