CRDF Global seeks a Project Manager to support the implementation of nuclear security and nonproliferation projects focusing on the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK). Under the supervision of the Senior Program Manager and in consultation with outside stakeholders, the Project Manager will be responsible for designing and delivering conferences and workshops, managing grants, planning travel, and building and maintaining strong relationships with partners. The Project Manager will also assist in identifying and securing new sources of funding for CRDF Global’s Nuclear Security Practice Area. The idea candidate will have work experience in the field of nuclear security and nonproliferation, project management skills, ability to deliver exceptional client service, and a demonstrated interest in Asia and Asia-related policy issues (experience with the DPRK preferred).
- Under the supervision of the Senior Program Manager, develop and manage a portfolio of projects that focus on the DPRK, in particular the enforcement of United Nations Security Council sanctions.
- Using project management best practices, build project plans that include task plans, statements of work, project metrics, schedules, deliverables, budgets and reporting mechanisms.
- Conceptualize and write proposals to sustain and grow nuclear security related programs.
- Design and ensure the successful and timely delivery of conferences, workshops, meetings and trainings.
- Work closely with the Travel & Events team to ensure that the logistical needs of each event is met.
- Manage the financial and administrative aspects of each project and prepare reports and evaluations.
- Recruit and communicate with consultants.
- Travel within the U.S. and internationally to participate, facilitate or follow up on events as appropriate.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience managing nuclear security and/or nonproliferation projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in international relations, security studies, Asian studies or related field
- Ability to manage multiple projects at various stages of completion
- Prior experience designing and conducting workshops, trainings, and/or other events
- Strong negotiating and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Willing and able to travel internationally and domestically
- U.S. work authorization
- Master’s Degree in international relations, security studies, Asian studies or related field
- Demonstrated knowledge of UNSCR sanctions
- Experience working with international clients
CRDF Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). CRDF Global provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
CRDF Global offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply, please complete our online application and include a cover letter and resume.