We are seeking a Program Assistant to support the Sports Visitors and Sports Envoy Program, and other exchanges. The Sports Visitor and Sports Envoy programs use sports to support U.S. foreign policy goals and promote key U.S. values on and off the field about the importance of education, community engagement, and respect for diversity. The Sports Visitor Program is a sports-based international exchange that represents American excellence, leadership, and key lessons learned in sports broadly – from playgrounds to professional leagues. Sports Envoys are U.S. citizen current or retired professional and amateur athletes and coaches who travel overseas to engage audiences that do not normally have access to American sporting icons, values, and best practices. Sports Envoys lead youth clinics and team building activities, as well as share lessons learned on and off the playing field about the importance of education, community engagement, and respect for diversity.
This person will provide administrative support to program officers working on Sports Visitor and Sports Envoy programs and other exchange programs.
Essential Job Functions
- Make logistical arrangements for groups of international visitors to the United States, including travel, hotels, ground transportation, catering, and coordination with local sponsors
- Process and track project expenditures; produce financial documents; Assist in the monitoring of project budgets
- Produce project materials, including but not limited to arrival packets, name badges and administrative documents
- Maintain project files and database and provide general project support
- Brief interpreters and international participants on administrative procedures and logistical arrangements pertaining to projects
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple administrative tasks with a high degree of accuracy; ability to work independently and as a team member, take initiative, meet deadlines, and be flexible
- Strong computer skills including use of databases and proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills
- Demonstrated interest in international exchanges
- Demonstrated interest in other countries
- Associate’s Degree or its International Equivalent • Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field.
- Typically requires 0-2 years of programs and administrative support experience.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language as appropriate.
- Prior experience in a non- governmental organization (NGO) preferred.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org