s an analyst, this position requires support to the various Lead Analysts in the development and management of training events and exercises. Ideal candidate will have a demonstrated interest in national security issues, international affairs, and/or U.S. Department of Defense operations.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in conducting training/capability assessments with inter-agency domestic and foreign partner nations for CBRNE consequence management situations.
- Assist in the collection and compilation of data into comprehensive yet concise reports for review by inter-agency and foreign partner nation clients.
- Provide detailed notes and observations from meetings, events, teleconferences, etc.
- Translate collected capability data into instructional objectives and collaborate with, and assist first responder instructional designers to develop training and exercise curricula for foreign partner nations in CBRNE consequence management.
- Support the development and management of training events and exercises
- Activities include but are not limited to:
- Training event facilitation (to include production & distribution of hand-outs, complete seating layout, arrangements for refreshments and the arrangements for, and operation of, A/V equipment)
- Assisting in curricula design, exercise design and development
- Training/exercise plan construction
- Master Scenario Events Listing (MSEL) construction
- Developing control cell instructions and guidance
- Performing training/exercise assessments
- Assist with drafting written assessment products with proper punctuation, grammar and formatting, and utilizing the ability to synthesize pertinent data
- Attend planning meetings, event executions, and post-event meetings
- Transcribe hand-written observations and assessments into electronic databases
- Position requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Emphasis in international relations, political science, or similar disciplines will be given higher consideration.
- Relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience preferred in developing, planning and participating in DTRA-sponsored and developed CBRNE training events or exercises.
- Strong proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of tools required. Emphasis placed on PowerPoint, Word, and Visio.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to prioritize work and complete multiple tasks under various deadlines.
- Excellent reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Ability to interact successfully with employees from other departments or groups.
- Must perform activities with a very high degree for attention to detail.
- Must be capable of working at a computer terminal for extended periods.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be capable of transporting and lifting 40 pound boxes of documents and equipment.
- Must be able to travel unaccompanied to foreign and domestic locations.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org