Northeastern University, College of Professional Studies invites applications for a full-time non-tenure track Associate Teaching Professor position in the Master’s Program “Global Studies and International Relations”.
At the College of Professional Studies we believe in providing industry-aligned educational programs that are designed to advance individuals’ careers and accommodate the complex lives of motivated learners. Offered in a variety of formats, our courses are taught by accomplished scholars and practitioners who have real-world experience. Northeastern University’s graduate students put knowledge to work at Fortune 500 and startup companies, universities, government agencies, nonprofits, and global organizations.
Leveraging curricula that are informed by partner employers, students gain the perspective of the employers through experiential opportunities activities and real projects that align with their career goals. The result is an educational experience founded on proven scholarship, strengthened with practical application, and sustained by academic excellence.
Students in the College of Professional Studies include working professionals, military veterans, and international students committed to advance or pivot their career to pursue their passions, unlock opportunities and improve their lives and the lives of their families.
To allow for rapid development of learning experiences in agile, stackable, modular formats, the College of Professional Studies has brought the graduate and undergraduate faculty together around emerging domains of practice. These domains represent the College’s platforms for realizing knowledge networks that act as zones of interchange between the future of work and traditional research university disciplines.
The Master’s in Global Studies and International Relations is part of the College’s Global Social Enterprise Domain along with other programs such as Commerce and Economic Development, Non Profit Management and Finance/Accounting Management. All these programs aim to cultivate social enterprise leaders and innovators who are able to deliver ethical solutions formulated from a global mindset.
The Master’s degree in Global Studies and International Relations attracts students who are passionate about exploring ways they can make the world a better place and maintain positive diplomatic relations between countries in our highly interconnected world. Through an integrated experiential approach, the Master’s in Global Studies and International Relations prepares students to be active, impactful participants in our evolving society and economy, engaged global citizens and leaders, and successful professionals in the U.S. and abroad.
The Master’s degree in Global Studies and International Relations is looking for a candidate to help lead a growing program that is well positioned to leverage local and international engagement as the University extends its presence around the globe.
The position offering is a full-time, non-tenure track, one-year renewable appointment as an Associate Teaching Professor. The candidate will be expected to teach as a content expert in International Affairs, with particular expertise in Regional Studies, International Consulting and Diplomacy. The candidate will hold a Lead Faculty role for the program involving coordination with other full-time and half-time faculty, as well as recruitment, coaching, and supervision of part-time instructors, enrollment goal setting, collaborating with marketing, enrollment, advisement, and program management team members. The candidate is expected to provide academic leadership to the Program under the direction of the Faculty Director of the Global Social Enterprise domain.
The position is based in Boston, Massachusetts; however, there is a possibility of traveling periodically throughout the year to our satellite campuses in Seattle, WA, Charlotte, NC, and other locations (the College would cover travel and lodging costs). Courses are taught in multiple formats including online, blended, and hybrid; however, faculty have the opportunity for a home office, but are required to maintain office hours as directed and necessary. Faculty enjoy a collegial work environment that allows for work-life balance, and are expected to be available to students, whether in-person or online. Opportunities exist for additional compensation through other non-teaching activities. Faculty contribute to the College’s mission through teaching, service and scholarship. The faculty member will report directly to the Faculty Director of the Global Social Enterprise domain.
Actual course load may vary with other responsibilities, which include, but are not limited to the following:
• Teach assigned courses and develop course content and materials. Blackboard certification through Northeastern University Online is required prior to teaching in the Global Studies and International Relations program.
• Advance the Global Social Enterprise Domain in close collaboration with the Domain Faculty Director, the regional campuses, and Administration, including, but not limited to recommendations for additions to, or upgrading of, curriculum, course materials, and textbooks. • Service to the program/college/university. This service includes teaching, student advising, faculty mentoring and program support.
• Participate in the curriculum development and assessment process.
• Share course materials and related observations with other faculty members.
• Be an advocate for students.
• Keep up to date and in contact with employers regarding appropriateness of course/program content.
• Participate in faculty recruitment and mentoring.
• Participate in new student events such as open houses, info sessions, and orientation.
• Terminal degree required.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience working on projects to promote economic and social development across regions of the world.
• A proven track record in developing or managing interdisciplinary programs in the field of international affairs is preferred.
•The successful candidate must demonstrate outstanding teaching competence (both on-ground and online), a dedication to continued improvement as an educator, and the ability to work with adult learners.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org