Currently seeking a Policy Analyst for our fast-growing IT, professional services, and defense contractor firm supporting high-level Department of Defense (DoD) programs using cutting-edge technologies.
The Policy Analyst must be knowledgeable in Government Contracts and Acquisitions to serve as a trusted advisor to Presidential Appointee and Senior Executive Service (SES) officials within the Office of the Secretary of Defense, Office of the Undersecretary of Defense for Acquisition and Sustainment, and the DoD Office of Small Business Programs (OSBP). The Policy Analyst will recommend, draft, create, implement, and oversee Government Contracts and Acquisition policy affecting all DoD contracting.
- Recommends and helps draft regulations (FAR and DFARS), policies, and procedures that affect Department of Defense and Federal Government acquisitions and government contracting.
- Supports the development and creation of acquisitions, government contracting, and small business policy for the Department of Defense
- Conducts research, and organizes, analyzes, and summarizes data and information and develops preliminary findings, conclusions and recommendations.
- Prepares written reports, briefings, and summaries of acquisitions and contracting policy, legislative changes, and regulatory updates.
- Assists with preparation, presentation, and follow-up of briefings and meetings; prepares notes from meetings; and recommends follow-up action.
- Interacts with and advises Presidential Appointee and Senior Executive Service (SES) Department of Defense officials, more experienced technical and analytical staff and management, representatives of foreign, state, and local governments, and other Federal agencies.
- Performs administrative actions as directed, and complies with security requirements and processes for handling classified information.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Political Science, Government, International Affairs, or related area of study.
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience working in a Federal Government contracting or DoD environment, including collaboration with multiple Federal Government departments and agencies on joint programs.
- Proficiency in and knowledge of government contracting procedures, the FAR, DFARS, small business and socioeconomic programs (e.g. small business set-asides, SBIR Program, Mentor-Protégé Program, Indian Incentive Program).
- Demonstrated experience briefing executive-level audiences.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze data and information, draw conclusions, and make recommendations.
- Flexibility to adapt to shifting priorities, handle competing tasks and requirements, and implement projects quickly based on overall direction and needs of the organization.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Active DoD SECRET security clearance required.
- Master’s degree, MBA, or JD preferred.
- Level II or III contracting DAWIA or FAC-C certification strongly preferred.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org