The Finance Division of Human Rights Watch (HRW) is seeking a Coordinator to provide support to the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team. The Finance Division is led by the Chief Financial Officer and is responsible for providing fiscal management, implementing financial strategy, and maintaining the fiscal integrity of HRW. The FP&A Coordinator reports to the Finance Officer, based in New York.
1. Prepare grant budgets and generate associated interim and final expense reports, including liaising with development staff to ensure grants are being used and reported appropriately and within designated time frame;
2. Maintain and update specialized financials for HRW programmatic divisions and special initiatives, such as rolling forecasts and KPIs;
3. Gather expense data from accounting database to generate and format monthly expense reports for program directors, as well as input report data into expense reporting spreadsheets, and maintain spreadsheets over fiscal year;
4. Utilize internal database, budgeting and reporting systems (Netsuite, Adaptive Insights, Raiser’s Edge) to update various expense and revenue status reports monthly, and provide data to support Finance directors’ budget analyses;
5. Perform database maintenance as needed (journal entries and other adjustments);
6. Schedule, prepare materials, and take minutes at Finance meetings with HRW divisions and cities, as well as maintain Finance calendar for global Finance team and relevant Board committees;
7. Provide support for the financial planning and analysis team as needed; and
8. Perform additional tasks as required.
Education: A bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration or a related field is required.
Experience: A minimum of two years of related experience is required, particularly grant budgeting and financial reporting. Prior experience working in nonprofit/NGO finance is highly desirable.
Related Skills and Knowledge:
1. Previous experience in and/or demonstrated knowledge of nonprofit finance and fund accounting is required.
2. Strong computer knowledge, including advanced ability with Microsoft Excel and a highly-developed understanding of spreadsheet and database systems is required.
3. Excellent time-management skills and ability to prioritize tasks while maintaining a strong attention to detail are required.
4. Self-motivation and the ability to take initiative, prioritize with minimal supervision, and work independently as well as function as a member of a team are required.
5. Excellent communication, creative problem-solving, and strong organization skills are required.
6. Strong oral and written communications skills in English are required.
7. Ability to work well under pressure while juggling multiple tasks simultaneously is necessary.
8. Ability to make sound decisions consistent with functions is required.
9. Experience with NetSuite financial accounting system, Adaptive Insights, and Raiser’s Edge fundraising database is a plus.
10. Strong interest in human rights is desirable.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org