The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Local Hire. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP), Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) and Family Member Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
This position is located at Stars and Stripes Pacific, Tokyo, Japan
- Specializes in the production of print business products, overseeing four community newspapers - Stripes Japan, Stripes Okinawa, Stripes Korea and Stripes Guam - as well as several monthly and quarterly supplements and three annual magazines.
- Prioritizes and manages multiple projects in a deadline driven environment. Maintains constant focus on branding, product offerings and benefits to the Stars and Stripes military and civilian community.
- Works closely with Revenue, Member Services and Production to provide execution and delivery of print projects.
- Supervises two writers who are responsible for coverage of mainland Japan, Okinawa, Korea and Guam.
- Edits copy of writers and outside sources who contribute content.
- Works closely with graphic artists when planning and laying out the business products.
- Communicates with military public affairs, leaders and groups as well as individual readers and outside organizations that contribute content.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- Citizenship eligible under country SOFA agreement
1. Three years of specialized work experience directly related to the duties described above.
2. Demonstrated work experience must include 1 year equivalent in complexity and difficulty to the next lower pay band level.
Preferred are those candidates who possess a 4-yr course of study leading to a Bachelor's degree in journalism and related work experience as described above.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org