The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) strengthens democracy around the globe through private enterprise and market-oriented reform. CIPE is one of the four core institutes of the National Endowment for Democracy and an affiliate of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Since 1983, CIPE has worked with business leaders, policymakers, and civil society to build the institutions vital to a democratic society. CIPE’s key program areas include enterprise ecosystems, democratic governance, business advocacy, anti-corruption & ethics, and trade.
The Regional Finance Officer will be physically located in CIPEs Washington DC Home Office and is the main contact for that region’s US and overseas program and administrative staff regarding all compliance, budgetary and financial issues, requirements and information. This position is responsible for oversight and monitoring cash flow, budgeting, financial reporting and grant compliance for CIPE’s field offices and partners (subgrantees).
Primary Duties to be Performed:
- Overall financial monitoring, troubleshooting and problem solving of financial issues related to programs and corresponding Field Offices;
- Participate in the program budgeting process, including the preparation of respective regional cash flow projections, burn rates and forecasts;
- Assist with the annual CIPE’s year-end audit, as needed;
- Manage appropriate program-related reclassification and correcting entries in the accounting system;
- Maintain extensive knowledge of Federal regulations, including the Uniform Guidance and familiarity with the FAR;
- Assist in developing and maintaining policies and procedures to effectively manage field office operations, grant and contracts and comply with donor requirements;
- Assist with CIPE’s partners (subgrantees) financial and compliance monitoring.
- Work closely with program staff to ensure accuracy and completeness of all proposal budgets as well as compliance with donor requirements;
- Ensure that approved program budgets are timely and accurately incorporated into both the database and the accounting system;
- Manage Field Office expenditures against budget and financial obligations, taking appropriate corrective action as needed.
Financial Monitoring & Reporting:
- Process invoice verifications and other internal monitoring procedures;
- Oversight of partner grant financial monitoring ensuring compliance and necessary follow-up for outstanding reports;
- Assist project teams with monitoring project deadlines and deliverables.
- Oversight of compliance and internal controls;
- Oversight of funding advances/liquidation/reconciliation process;
- Review and track Field Office and Partner advance requests with Home Office Finance to ensure timely payment;
- Monitor submission of monthly liquidation reports to ensure timeliness and entry into the accounting system;
- Review monthly financial reports for accuracy, proper coding, compliance, reasonableness and provide signature acceptance of the reports;
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of bank balances, field office records, advance accounts to the Home Office accounting system;
- 5+ years relevant experience,
- 4-year bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance,
- International business experience desired,
- Knowledge of / experience with Federal grant management,
- Ability and desire to work in a team-oriented environment,
- Understanding and knowledge of automated systems.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent English writing and verbal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop, establish and maintain good relationships with international partners and donors
- Attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Strong IT Skills in MS Office, specifically MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- May involve some travel for brief but multiple periods
To apply for this opportunity, please send a resume or CV and cover letter to [email protected]; subject “RFO-[YOURLASTNAME]”.
Applications will be accepted and interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
CIPE offers a salary competitive with other international non-governmental organizations and an excellent benefits package. Applicants must be legally able to work in the United States; CIPE is unable to sponsor employees for work visas.
CIPE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.