EERA is looking for an EU-Project Manager with a solid background in EU project finance and administration. He/she will manage his own EU project(s) and will support the other Project Manager(s) for the financial and administrative tasks required in other EERA EU-projects.
She/he will be integrated in the secretariat, composed of 4 permanent staff and 6 staff delegated from member organisations.
EU-project financial and administrative management – in collaboration with the Project Manager(s)
- Ensure that the financial management of EU projects (Horizon 2020) is carried out in line with the EU rules and procedures;
- Prepare the periodic financial reporting for the European Commission as requested in the EU participant portal;
- Support the allocation and planning of resources in accordance with available budget and workplan across the different EERA Project Manager(s) involved;
- Channel and monitor the budget assigned to Linked Third Party organizations according to the cooperation agreement;
- Monitor the budget distribution of the EERA mobility scheme;
- Ensure the implementation of the different contracts related to EU projects;
- Gather the necessary administrative information during the projects’ implementation phase;
- Assist with EU-project audits;
- Support any other task that may arise related to financial and administrative aspects of EU projects.
Manage and implement EU-project tasks
- Implement the activities allocated to EERA in one or more EU projects, in collaboration with the project consortium and coordinator; Those tasks are mainly related to the outreach of stakeholders (research and non-research related), communication and dissemination activities, organization of stakeholder workshops, IP and result exploitation, and post-projects long-lasting collaboration strategies. Other topics can also be tackled;
- Achieve in time the different deliverables foreseen in the projects;
- Support the preparation of proposals in collaboration with EERA’s secretariat staff and with partner organizations;
- Any other task that may arise in view of fulfilling EU-project duties.
- Hold a university degree (Master level or equivalent);
- At least three years of relevant work experience in carrying out EU research projects and managing EU-project financial reporting and planning;
- Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the EU.
- Excellent and proven managerial, organizational and teamwork skills;
- Experience in using the EU participant portal;
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, accounting systems, online payments etc.);
- Experience of working in membership-based organizations;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of other European languages is an asset;
- Good knowledge of the European institutions is an asset.
- Very organized with a strong attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team;
- Tactful, diplomatic and non-judgmental, able to relate to people in all situations;
- Flexible and able to work under strict deadlines with the ability to set priorities;
- Ability to work independently; good problem-solving skills;
- Appetite for international/multi-cultural environments;
- Sense of Humor.
Job description for download
Please send your CV and motivation letter (in pdf format) to Ms. Elena Dufour ([email protected]) mentioning “Application EERA EU-Project Manager” by 3 September 2018, 22h00.
The motivation letter (1-page maximum) should highlight your reasons for applying and your credentials for the position.
The selection of the candidate will be based upon the merit principle.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org