RI is seeking a consultant to develop three health proposals, supporting the delivery of health services in multiple provinces in Afghanistan. The consultant will play a leading role in ensuring the proposal aligns with donor interests, responds to the public health strategy of the Afghan government and, most importantly, addresses the challenges and opportunities faced by the healthcare system in rural contexts.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Lead the process of proposal design with staff from RI’s partner organization, Medical Refresher Courses for Afghanistan (MRCA);
- Lead, coordinate and finalize the project components internally and externally with consortium partners.
- Develop draft timeline for proposal development;
- Final draft of proposal narrative;
- Final draft of budget.
- Asia Regional Program Development Manager.
Timeframe of consultancy: 20 days, during August/September NB: This can be spent partly in Kabul.
- This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment;
- Proven experience in coordinating successful, complex funding proposals, preferably in the area of public health and specifically on the government’s BPHS and EPHS;
- Knowledge of World Bank/Ministry of Public Health proposal requirements, preferably in the Afghan context;
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to convene partner members and achieve results;
- MA in public health, international relations, business administration or other relevant field;
- 5 years minimum experience INGO or private sector context;
- Proven success in grant writing, networking and liaising with field and HQ staff when necessary.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org