CHAI is seeking a gender expert based in Abuja to support the SRH team to review all program activities with a focus on gender mainstreaming, ensuring strategies are gender sensitive and targeted toward women’s empowerment.
We are seeking highly motivated individuals with outstanding credentials, analytical ability, and communication skills. The candidate must have a thorough understanding of the gender landscape in Northern Nigeria, particularly as it relates to access to healthcare. He/she must be able to advise on the strategic direction and implementation of this program at the national level and to build strong relationships with government officials, private and public partners. Additionally, successful candidates will adhere to the CHAI values of: resourcefulness, entrepreneurialism, flexibility, independence, humility, and work ethic.
The Gender Advisor will report directly to the Director of Programs and SRMNH.
- Support overall program strategy development and implementation, ensuring gender is mainstreamed into all activities;
- Support data analysis for the gender assessment and project baseline assessment, leading the team to summarize and report key findings in areas related to gender and women’s empowerment;
- Using gender assessment findings, recommend interventions and refine program activities to ensure a gender focus;
- Track and measure overall program progress against gender indicators;
- Inform the development of performance management indicators for gender mainstreaming in the project;
- Support the design, pilot and scale up a rural salesforce program to empower local women in the communities as SRH agents for expanded access to young women and girls;
- Contribute to donor deliverables and other external communications to report on progress toward gender goals and highlight key program successes;
- Advise Senior Management on key gender considerations for program team and management within CHAI;
- Any other task as requested by the Director Programs & SRH, and Country Director.
- Master’s degree and at least 10 years of professional experience in the private or public sector;
- Demonstrated experience translating gender equality strategies into program design and implementation;
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills;
- Very strong diplomatic and interpersonal skills, and ability to build strong professional relationships with a range of stakeholders;
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, including experience working in Excel and PowerPoint;
- Ability to learn quickly and absorb and synthesize a broad range of information;
- Ability to work independently and flexibly with limited supervision;
- Very strong written and oral communication skills in English, including the ability to present evidence and opinions in a succinct and compelling manner.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org