The Private Partnership Manager will be responsible for the following work activities:
- Ensure renewal and supervision of a portfolio of partnerships, soliciting contributions, providing on-going stewardship and assessing results in order to maximise resourcing raised for WFP;
- Identify new private sector prospects by leveraging fundraising networks and existing relationships;
- Develop presentations and craft partnerships concepts in coordination with WFP technical units and field operations for potential partners and submit grant applications;
- Handle complex sales processes and help negotiate advantageous contributions;
- Manage select fundraising efforts and initiatives including, but not limited to cause-related marketing campaigns, emergency appeals and employee fundraising campaigns;
- Serve as focal point for technical units, regional bureaux and/or liaison offices engaging private sector;
- Liaise with in-house services to ensure proper fund management, grant registrations and fulfilment of contractual obligations;
- Assist with contract preparation and tracking and accurate record keeping in salesforce;
- Coach and provide guidance to junior staff;
- Help organise key events and meetings and undertake additional responsibilities as needed.
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Very good written and verbal communication skills in English language are a must.
- Excellent analytical, negotiation, communication and advocacy skills.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, develop, plan and manage sales processes.
- Computer skills in Office applications: proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to handle multiple projects/tasks within deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment and international organization is essential.
Advanced university degree in Business Administration, Management, Marketing, International Relations or related.
At least 5 years’ experience in fundraising, marketing/sales and account management is essential. Knowledge of humanitarian/development sector a plus.
Fluency in oral and written English. Knowledge of a second UN language is desirable.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org