Population Services International (PSI) is the world's leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work in over 50 developing countries and have been making people in those countries healthier for nearly 50 years. PSI's strategic vision is to reimagine healthcare in the developing world by putting the consumer at the center of everything we do and, wherever possible, bringing care to their front door.
There are over 7,000 “PSI'ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience, all with unique skills that contribute to the important work we do.
We're seeking a mature, dedicated, and inquisitive Learning & Performance Assistant to join PSI's Learning & Performance (L&P) function, within the Human Resources team. The L&P team supports the broader Human Resources team to ensure that PSI is attracting, retaining, and growing the best talent in the international development and global health industries.
More specifically, the Learning & Performance function helps individual PSIers build knowledge and skills to excel in their current roles. We support PSI's leaders to build effective and dynamic teams. And we lead initiatives to keep staff engaged, energized, and connected to PSI's mission and values.
L&P sets annual priorities designed to have the greatest impact on employee engagement and building our people and leadership. In 2018, the L&P team leads:
- PSI's onboarding programming,
- Our e-learning offering to the PSI network called PSI U,
- PSI's leadership development initiative called The Great Managers Program,
- Programming around PSI's organizational values.
The L&P Assistant will get a crash course in the international development and global health sectors, the learning and development discipline, and human resources in a global organization.
Sound like you? Read on.
The L&P Assistant will work closely with the L&P Specialist to execute high-quality learning, development and employee engagement programs. The job will consist mainly of organization and knowledge management, event planning and execution, administrative support, and customer service. Part of the job will require creativity and problem solving, while others will require diligence and grit.
More specifically, here are some efforts the L&P assistant will support, and the role you'd play:
- Assist HR colleagues and hiring managers to ensure PSI makes a great impression on new staff in their first days and weeks. Includes coordinating Day 1 orientation and full-day quarterly onboarding program for new staff, providing logistical support (preparatory and day-of), scheduling, and troubleshooting for orientation.
- Continually update (to keep current and improve) PSI's onboarding resources, including the psi.org site (SharePoint communications page), new hire and manager checklists. Develop new onboarding resources like process maps, “best practice” documents for team onboarding, or any other resource that would help teams better onboard new staff.
- Serve as focal point for new staff, ensuring that staff feel supported and know who to go to for what during their first weeks and months.
PSI U (e-learning)
- Support the delivery of online learning through PSI U powered by Degreed, an e-learning platform available to PSI's full 7,000+ employees around the world.
- Work with teams to curate learning content to ensure that PSI U meets teams' and individuals' learning needs around their specific job roles and PSI's approach and strategy. Work with teams to develop “pathways” for onboarding new staff.
- Manage the PSI U “helpdesk” and providing prompt responses to inquires around account creation, log-in support, and course access and similar issues.
- Provide logistical support to Great Managers Program and other in-person and synchronous remote trainings and workshops – everything to make an event run smoothly (coordinating travel, arranging catering, procuring materials, room set-up, A/V, etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned and special projects asrequired
What we are looking for?
The candidate we hire will embody PSI's corporate values:
- Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
- Pragmatism: You'll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won't be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
- Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it's the only way you'll learn and improve.
- Collaboration: You'll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won't succeed.
- Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt
- Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin.
The candidate we hire will also possess:
- A bachelor's degree (preferred) in international relations, human resources, or other relevant field.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Outstanding attention to detail and superior organizational skills.
- A fondness for technology and finding ways to use technology to improve collaboration and learning, improve processes, and generally make people's jobs easier.
- Skill in using the Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint, to present, analyze, and organize data and information. Basic familiarity with Adobe Illustrator preferred.
- The ability to see the big picture (including the strategic and enterprise-level perspective) and how the details contribute to that big picture.
- Sound judgment and discretion – as part of the HR team, you may be trusted with confidential information.
- A strong customer service mentality: prompt, reliable, considerate. You can anticipate client and HR colleagues' needs, and you proactively reach out to offer your support when you identify a need.
- A sense of urgency and a strong work ethic, with an ability to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines. Demonstrated resilience and an ability to stay calm under pressure.
- A desire to learn and to bring creativity and innovation to complex problems.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org