War Child has been responding to the needs of Syrian children. The programme is expanding and is in need of professional supervision as well as an entrepreneurial spirit to further grow the programme.
- Responsible for the development, coordination and mainstreaming of child protection programming, and building child protection competencies of staff within the programme and its partners. This role will coordinate with the progamme implementation teams and other key functions within the department;
- You will work closely with other child protection staff, including case workers and social workers, to identify child protection issues;
- You will assist in designing and developing child protection programs and/or activities;
- You will make frequent field visits to follow up on the quality of activity implementation, identify opportunities, constraints and adjustments needed;
- You will further assist in designing child protection capacity building plans for staff & partners and deliver sessions & trainings;
- Provide ongoing and necessary technical support, guidance and advice to program staff and partners in the field of child protection, including child safety;
- You will also work to ensure child protection connects, and is mainstreamed, in other areas of work, contributing to the development/revision of child protection materials.
- Relevant academic background (Social Sciences/International Development Studies);
- Knowledge of current principles and practices of Child Safety and Child Protection;
- Understanding of child rights (programming) in conflict and post conflict environments;
- Minimum 5 years (I)NGO work in developing countries/conflict areas, preferably with children;
- Minimum 3 years in the field of CP and program implementation;
- Minimum 1 year in staff capacity building and experience in providing trainings;
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluation of projects;
- Strong critical analysis and strategic thinking skills;
- Planning, coordination, monitoring and evaluation skills;
- Excellent communication skills - able to provide (creative/interactive) trainings and give & receive feedback;
- Cultural sensitivity with an affinity with children and young people;
- Fluency in Arabic and English, both verbal and written communication skills.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org