As Head of Project, you are responsible for USAID and BMZ projects working at the interface between development activities and humanitarian response. The USAID project will support the recovery of internally displaced persons and conflict affected communities in host areas of Beni, North Kivu while the BMZ project’s overall objective is to improve the sustainable nutrition and food security of the population in Watalinga and Mutwanga areas with an important agriculture component. The aim of the position is to manage and ensure implementation of these projects on the basis of specified terms of content, schedule and budget.
- Carry out the project according to the co-financing agreement and Welthungerhilfe's standards for the implementation of the project;
- Modify and continue project planning and project budget;
- Make project purchases according to the approved procurement procedures;
- Responsibility for the security of project staff for the implementation of the security plan;
- Prepare status reports according to Welthungerhilfe's standards or rules of the donor(s);
- Supervise the implementation of the project plan and coordinate technical support;
- Provide leadership to the project team(s) in line with Welthungerhilfe values, corporate culture and leadership principles;
- Ensure participation at relevant cluster meetings (food security, logistics);
- Support the Head of Programme in the preparation and supervision of visits and in the representation of Welthungerhilfe in the region.
- A university or polytechnical degree preferably in the area of International Studies, Natural Resource Management, Agricultural Development, and/or Civil Society Strengthening;
- More than 5 years overseas professional experience, preferably in the context of Central Africa whereof three years in project management;
- Thorough comprehension of technical and service delivery aspects of agriculture and civil society in a development context;
- Excellent communication skills, including diplomacy in interaction with authorities;
- Coordination and strong planning skills, including the ability to work under pressure;
- Fluency in English and French (oral and writing) is mandatory, communication skills in German are welcome.
We offer you co-operation in a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks. Furthermore, we facilitate a flexible organisation of working time. The remuneration is based on an in-house salary scheme. Of course, a comprehensive training is also part of our offer.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org