The Brussels based association is currently seeking a Senior Consultant to collaborate within its structure on specific lobby and Chamber network related dossiers.
Eurochambres is looking for a senior consultant that will be responsible for:
- various EU policy dossiers of a politically sensitive nature to the association, currently including:
- the negotiations for UK withdrawal from the EU: coordinating with members across the EU27 to gauge their views, ensure business preparedness and seek to ensure an outcome that is as favourable as possible for businesses trading with the UK directly or via supply chains;
- the debate on the future of Europe: contributing to consultation processes, mobilizing national and regional chambers of commerce to take part in the dialogue, identifying and elaborating on key factors in the EU of tomorrow for chambers and businesses.
- the coordination of the association’s engagement in the forthcoming European Parliament elections and the preparation of the next European Commission’s work programme;
- building on the Declaration of Entrepreneurial Rights, develop and advocate priorities and mobilize the chamber network to play a role in European Parliament election campaigns. After the elections, turn attention to the new Commission with a view to ensuring that its 5-year work programme reflects the expectations of chambers and businesses;
- the strategic support to the CEO on membership relations: develop and implement mechanisms to ensure that members are optimally informed about and engaged in the association’s advocacy, operational and statutory activities.
TYPE OF CONTRACT
The contract the tenderer will sign with Eurochambres will be a Consultancy Contract as Senior Expert, to develop and implement the organization’s vision and lobbying activities with regard to various dossiers of politically sensitive nature.
The senior consultant will report to the Chief Executive Officer of EUROCHAMBRES and will operate under EUROCHAMBRES general guidelines.
The Senior Expert shall be selected on the basis of his/her professional and technical capacity to perform the tasks described in this call according to the following personal and technical criteria:
Interested tenderers shall demonstrate that they fulfil the following criteria:
Criteria for the organisation
- Have a minimum of 15 years of experience in the area(s) for which this call has been published;
- Have a minimum of 10 years of experience within the Chamber network;
- As the activities are performed in English, German and French applicants must have full command of English, German and French (spoken and written C1 level) and the ability to work in all three languages;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
In addition to the technical criteria, the applicants shall meet the following knowledge criteria:
- Deep understanding of EU policies and programmes in the regions concerned;
- Established contacts and networks with the business communities in those regions;
- Sound knowledge of EU funded projects and applicable EU legal and financial rules;
- Familiar with SME development, International Trade, Innovation, and the functioning of Business Support Organisations both in Europe and the target regions.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org