Creative Associates seeks a Program Specialist to support the work of the DC-based Workforce Development and Youth Practice Area in the Economic Growth Division, which implements workforce development and youth programs globally. Specifically, the position provides operational, research, and logistical support to project staff and consultants. The Program Specialist also supports new business development efforts for the Division.
- Effective administrative support to project teams in the field and internal clients;
- Effective administrative support to business development efforts, including capture planning and proposal development; and
- Provision of support in accordance to Creative policies and procedures, and donor regulations.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position is housed in the Economic Growth Division. The position reports to the Workforce Development and Youth Practice Area Director.
- Provides daily technical, financial and administrative support to the Practice Area, which includes programs operating in Nicaragua and Honduras as well as task orders for the Millennium Challenge Corporation;
- Engages and supports project and proposal Consultants by developing and monitoring agreements, coordinating travel and logistics, preparing business development budgets, planning itineraries with stakeholders, and facilitating payment requests;
- Reviews and processes project-related documentation, including invoices and procurement related documents, ensuring transactions are properly documented and files organized;
- Supports the preparation, tracking and realignment of project budgets and prepares quarterly financial reviews and projections;
- Supports the preparation of project reports, project success stories and other project materials;
- Conducts supplementary research in support of project and business development activities;
- Creates and maintains well-organized and current electronic and hardcopy project files; and
- Maintains working knowledge of company administrative, financial systems, and operating procedures.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in international development, administration or closely related field;
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience in a professional services setting;
- Knowledge of donor-sponsored international development programming;
- Strong organizational and administrative skills;
- Excellent communication and analytical skills;
- Ability to manage concurrent tasks and negotiate competing interests;
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft, SharePoint and Office 365; and
- Verbal and written fluency in English and Spanish.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Previous experience working in a developing country, preferably for a USAID-funded project.