SCOPE AND PURPOSE:
The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) strengthens democracy around the globe through private enterprise and market-oriented reform. CIPE is one of the four core institutes of the National Endowment for Democracy and an affiliate of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Since 1983, CIPE has worked with business leaders, policymakers, and civil society to build the institutions vital to a democratic society. CIPE’s key program areas include enterprise ecosystems, democratic governance, business advocacy, anti-corruption & ethics, and trade.
The Human Resources Generalist will play a key role in supporting the myriad functional areas of human resources, including staffing and recruitment, employee relations, regulatory compliance, compensation and benefits information, learning and development, and performance management. The successful candidate will be able to balance the role of contributing to the development of a high-performance culture that emphasizes learning, empowerment, collaboration and innovation while maintaining regulatory compliance and managing organizational risk. The ideal candidate demonstrates our company’s core values of trust, collaboration, transparency, commitment, and caring.
- Administers human resource plans and procedures for organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems; Contributes to the HR Strategic Plan and HR Budget.
- Manages recruitment effort for all positions, interns and temporary employees; manages new staff onboarding process including orientation; and partners with CIPE staff for job postings.
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of the HR department in relation to established goals. Recommends approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Assists Senior HR Manager in implementing all employee events and staff training, to include the scheduling, announcing, and planning of these events.
- Analyzes compensation for new positions and promoted staff, with emphasis on the integration of external and internal pay equity for CIPE.
- Follows and promotes best practices in human resources administration and management, including regulations and policies related to recruitment, hiring and employment.
- Identifies appropriate outreach opportunities.
- Advises and counsels managers and employees on employment-related issues (FMLA; ADA; staffing; compensation, etc), ensuring consistent application of policies, procedures and practices.
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and monitors employment legislation and trends; ensures regulatory compliance with all applicable state and federal laws.
- Works with Senior HR Manager to implement enhancements to the performance review process (developing new tools; building competency models; training managers and staff) as needed.
- Benchmarks best practices for HR policies, procedures and programs in the international development space and CIPE communities and evaluates CIPE policies and practices against them. Makes policy and practice recommendations that are consistent with the philosophies and culture of the organization.
- Promotes a learning culture by partnering with departments to identify and implement training solutions that will enhance staff competencies, knowledge and abilities.
- Writes employee communications, develops and leads training sessions on HR related topics.
- Improves the quality and efficiency of HR reporting; prepares ad hoc HR reports as requested (headcount, turnover, compensation).
- Develops and maintains the/an affirmative action program and maintains records to conform to Department of Labor (DOL) and EEO regulations, when applicable.
- Manages CIPE’s internship program, responding to inquiries and handling offers.
- Leads special projects as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A bachelor's degree and three to five years of HR experience; a master's degree in HR management and two years of experience in the HR field, or seven years of experience in the HR field, or any similar combination of education and experience.
- Master’s degree in human resources or related field preferred; PHR or SHRM-CP preferred
- The ability to organize, prioritize assignments and successfully manage multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a high volume of work with a high level of data integrity.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills. Demonstrated ability to prepare analytical and HR metric reports. Dynamic, resourceful, well organized, thorough, comfortable working with figures; strong business acumen
- Strong problem analysis and problem resolution skills at both functional and strategic levels.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills; comfortable with public speaking; Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently. Other languages useful but not required.
- Strong customer service skills and business literacy.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and establish effective working relationships with peers and other levels of staff across the organization.
- Commitment to CIPE’s mission, vision, principles, and values.
- In-depth knowledge of domestic employment laws and practices required; knowledge of international human resources preferred.
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt practices based on the needs of the organization.
- Exceptionally organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated; must have a proactive and creative problem-solving approach to resolve issues in a timely manner;
- Sound judgment relating to confidential matters. Demonstrated integrity and appropriately maintain employee confidential information.
- Proven ability to lead a project from inception through implementation.
- Work experience in not-for-profit environment a preferred.
- Previous work experience within an international environment preferred.
- Excellent Computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel);
- Little to no travel is expected for this position
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities of this job. The incumbent may be required to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this description, commensurate with the needs of the organization. As a minimum, the job description will be reviewed and revised as necessary in conjunction with the incumbent’s annual performance review.
Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “HRG-[YOUR LASTNAME]” in the subject line.
Applications will be accepted and interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
CIPE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CIPE offers a salary competitive with other international non-governmental organizations and an excellent benefits package. Applicants must be legally able to work in the United States; CIPE is unable to sponsor employees for work visas.