FHI 360’s Civil Society and Peacebuilding Department (CSPB) supports citizens to mobilize effectively to influence policy, improve lives, and build peace. CSPB works with civil society to increase its credibility, visibility and effectiveness by building its capacity to:
- Engage with local government to increase its responsiveness to citizen needs;
- Solve community problems, engage youth in civic affairs, and provide needed services to citizens;
- Advocate for social justice, democratic reforms, human rights, and effective policies;
- Leverage and/or produce media content, such as for online, radio, and television, to promote social dialogue and tolerance; and
- Promote peaceful solutions to conflict and support peace negotiations.
CSPB seeks a Project Manager I with at least eight years of international development experience or equivalent and at least five years of relevant project management experience to manage civil society programs and support business development efforts for the department. We seek a civil society specialist with experience managing civic engagement and civil society strengthening projects. The Project Manager I will be responsible for overseeing the operational and technical aspects of relevant project field offices and will work closely with the project leadership in the field. The Project Manager will provide technical inputs on programming as needed.
Primary Responsibilities for the Project Manager I include, but are not limited to the following.
Program Support Tasks (approx. 50% LOE)
- Ensure project quality and performance, and track performance against project timelines, budgets, objectives, and deliverables;
- Facilitate communication between field and home office staff;
- Design, implement, and coordinate specific program activities and conduct research to achieve program goals;
- Communicate with client regarding deliverables and programmatic tasks and issues, as needed.
- Contribute to program management in areas such as troubleshooting, preparing work plans and other programmatic deliverables, and overseeing operations activities;
- Liaise with FHI 360 internal units, such as finance, contracts, human resources, etc.;
- Help draft, edit, and review reports, briefing papers, press releases, and presentations as necessary for one or multiple projects/programs;
- May directly supervise program officers and other staff, HQ- and field-based; and
- Provide technical input to projects, including monitoring and evaluation.
Business Development Tasks (approx. 50%)
- Directly support CSPB development planning, and train staff in capture and proposal development processes and tools;
- Serve as a writer for assigned sections of proposal efforts and assist with budgeting;
- Collect and analyze information relevant to CSPB program portfolio and development efforts;
- Assist or oversee the coordination and design of technical proposals for new programs and initiatives, helping ensure that CSPB technical proposals adhere to company strategy and are technically sound and responsive to solicitations;
- Assist in developing and disseminating tools, materials, reports, and papers related to new business development and program design for civil society and/or peacebuilding; and
- Respond to requests and inquiries from internal and external staff and proactively identify opportunities for internal and external partnering on new business opportunities.
- Master’s degree or its international equivalent in international development, international affairs, social sciences or related field;
- At least eight years of experience in international development program support, management, and/or implementation.
- At least five years of experience managing development programs, including civic engagement/civil society strengthening;
- Experience with USAID or Department of State programs;
- At least one year of overseas project management/support experience required;
- Experience working on civil society strengthening in Asia and/or Africa strongly preferred;
- Familiarity with FHI 360 systems and USAID rules/regulations strongly preferred;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English;
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Proficiency in French or another language is highly desired;
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated program/project management abilities;
- Ability to problem-solve independently and work within a team under tight deadlines; and
- Ability to prepare reports and provide information to management in a timely matter.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org