Urgent Action Fund for Women’s Rights (UAF) is seeking to hire a new position in the organization to strengthen our existing programmatic and grantmaking capacity. The Program Grants Coordinator will be part of the Program team, which implements the organizational grantmaking, advocacy and programmatic strategy. The Program Grants Coordinator works to support the implementation of UAF’s grantmaking strategies, managing grants and flow of information with grantee partners.
- Coordinates grantmaking process, including reviewing requests, conducting due diligence, issuing grant contracts, processing grant payments and entering grant information into database.
- Communicate with grantee partners to follow up on grant documents and financial information.
- Ensure that all grants information is recorded accurately and final reports are submitted on time.
- Support the implementation of the grantmaking system (database, tracking tools) and procedures, including preparation of relevant grant documents and reports.
· Monitor regional grantmaking budget and prepare grants reports as requested.
- Translate and/or coordinate the translation of proposals and program related materials.
- Research trends and priorities as necessary for program staff.
- Understand UAF’s mission, programs and goals to effectively implement our grantmaking strategy.
Learning and Evaluation
- Coordinate the follow-up, monitoring and analysis of final reports from partners.
- Identify grantmaking outcomes and impact.
- Collaborate on the creation of presentations to show the impact of our grantmaking strategy among different audiences.
Program Coordination & Communication:
· Provide the logistical coordination & planning of program meetings and events.
· Support communication and engagement with rapid response grantee partners and advisors.
· Liase with Communications Department to develop and maintain grantee partner stories.
· Accept other assignments as appropriate, to meet the needs of the program and grantee partners.
- Passionate about UAF’s mission, committed to teamwork, and achieving results.
- A demonstrated commitment to women's human rights and/or social justice.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience within the NGO/philanthropic/international relations sector, or related discipline.
- Knowledge and familiarity with grantmaking processes and procedures
- Detailed knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google computer applications, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Drive, Sheets, Docs, Slides.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment managing competing priorities and reprioritizing tasks as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Close attention to detail and accuracy; personal initiative; reliability, flexibility and follow-up; ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to distill complex and detailed information into an accessible and approachable writing style
- Written & oral communication fluency in Arabic, Russian and/or Turkish
- Familiarity with Salesforce
Please submit cover letter, and resume, with “Program Grants Coordinator” in the subject line. Cover letters may be addressed to the hiring manager: Shalini Eddens, Director of Programs. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. The position is open until filled. No phone calls please.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org