We are looking for a Research Intern in the Brussels office who will work primarily on the issue of artificial intelligence.
Alongside our Brussels team you will work directly under the supervision of our European Policy Manager. You will support us in our increasing activities on human rights and artificial intelligence. You will be immersed in a structured environment to foster growth and maximise learning potential, balancing mentorship and guidance with real-world experience of EU policy work.
The AI Research intern will be a full member of the Policy Team and will be expected to:
- conduct research and draft policy briefs and position papers;
- edit reports and compile data;
- analyze legislation and policy papers;
- conduct media monitoring;
- reading and summarizing academic papers;
- preparing background documents for conferences and presentations;
- participate in team meetings;
- prepare advocacy materials for internal and external use; and
- assist in the development and execution of Access Now’s initiatives in Brussels and the furthering of Access Now’s mission.
The AI Research intern can expect to:
- gain and extend specialised knowledge in artificial intelligence and human rights;
- work at the intersection of digital rights and technology;
- receive mentorship and training from senior member of the Brussels team;
- draft and publish briefs and materials for both internal and public use;
- work with organisational partners across sectors;
- develop insight into how international NGOs work; and
- learn and gain knowledge about advocacy towards EU institutions.
- A successful applicant will be a recent graduate, postgraduate or, enrolled in a postgraduate degree in law, political science, international relations, computer science or similar field. The applicant should have an interest in technology, digital and human rights;
- Applicants should demonstrate research and writing skills, be organised and pay attention to details. Previous experience and knowledge about artificial intelligence is a plus. Proficiency in English is required and knowledge of an another language is a plus.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org