FHI 360 is seeking a Director, Peace & National Reconciliation (Peace Director). This position will report to the Deputy Chief of Party and will undertake activities primarily designed to support peace processes and national reconciliation in Myanmar. The Peace Director is responsible for providing strategic planning and oversight of project activities that build the capacity of local organizations, increase access to information on peace and reconciliation issues and support those actors working to advance the peace process in Myanmar. Working closely with the Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party and the other team Directors, the Peace Director will support quality project implementation including developing and maintaining relationships with local stakeholders and organizations, advising on the selection and design of effective subgrant activities to advance peace and reconciliation, overseeing the successful set up and implementation of a capacity building program (which includes organizing trainings and workshops), including ensuring a high standard of consultant delivery and where necessary conducting trainings themselves.
Working with the Deputy Chief of Party and other project staff, the Peace Director:
- Providing strategic leadership and direction on an ongoing basis;
- Supervision of the Peace & Reconciliation Team;
- Advising on the design of solicitations for activities to advance Peace & Reconciliation, and the selection of partners, including technical review of applications as part of an open selection process;
- Advising the CSM II project on effectively conducting activities with a conflict sensitive lens and prioritizing Do No Harm principles;
- Managing the planning, coordination and timely implementation of project Peace & Reconciliation activities ensuring quality outputs in a timely and consistent manner;
- Preparing regular reports on activities of the Peace & Reconciliation Team;
- Liaising and coordinating work with civil society organizations, community based organizations and relevant government agencies;
- Overseeing implementation of activities related to capacity building for partners working on Peace & Reconciliation, working closely with consultants delivering trainings and where appropriate conducting training modules themselves;
- Maintaining in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of the field of Peace & Reconciliation in Myanmar;
- Reporting on and providing strategic advice and direction on new directions to help organizations working on these topics in the country;
- Liaising with government, donor, partners and stakeholders and representing at key strategic meetings, as required and assigned.
- At least 8 years of experience working on peace in Myanmar;
- Proven connections and networks within the peace sector in Myanmar, including ethnic and regional organizations and actors;
- Demonstrated experience and success coordinating and serving as principal technical liaison with development program partners, beneficiaries, government and other relevant sector experts. Experience of designing and conducting capacity building training an asset;
- Knowledge and experience of basic monitoring, evaluation and planning approaches and practices and the ability to apply learning to the Civil Society and Media Project II activities;
- A thorough understanding of Myanmar and its conflict, history, culture, customs and politics, including a sustained commitment to the development of Myanmar;
- Ability to analyze and adjust to shifting political circumstances and create/adapt programming accordingly;
- Sensitivity to cross-cultural dynamics in the work place;
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in both Myanmar and English. Fluency in other local Myanmar languages and dialects preferred;
- Supervisory experience required;
- Commitment to organizational mission.
Language and Computer Skills:
- Excellent spoken and written English and Myanmar;
- Ability to understand and speak other local languages will be an asset;
- Good computing skills: MS Word, Excel, Power-point.
- Able to undertake travel to the project locations as required.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org