The Associate Director assists the Director of Conflict Resolution Program and the Vice President of Peace Programs in designing, implementing and evaluating the program's mission and strategy. Designs, implements and coordinates activities of the Conflict Resolution Program, including projects, conferences, field missions, and other daily activities. Tasks include project development, implementation, and management; grant development; budget planning; program promotion; report production; networking and negotiating. Incumbent provides staff support and/or leadership in short-term trips to countries of potential programmatic interest. Incumbent may supervise staff, interns, and volunteers.
FORMAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Directs the planning, development, and operations of a program.
- Collaborates with representatives from private, government, and international agencies.
- Plans, executes, and monitors program budgets, including approval of expenditures; prepares annual financial and program reports to external parties with interests in the program.
- May engage in fundraising initiatives on behalf of the program.
- Ensures that the program is in compliance with federal and international laws and regulations.
- Oversees program communications, including development of communications strategies, development of key program messages, production of print and electronic materials, and reputation management.
- Represents the program in various national and international fora, and actively engages with representatives from other NGO's for purposes of conducting research and designing new initiatives.
- May supervise program staff.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Post-graduate degree in conflict resolution, international relations, area studies, international law, or related fields.
- Six years of experience in international conflict resolution, preferably in the field, including negotiation, mediation, facilitation, and program design.
- Incumbent should be detail oriented and well organized, assertively following and bringing activities to closure.
- A high level of personal energy and positive attitude are essential.
- Strong writing and communication skills and competence with computer applications are musts.
- Experience working with conflicts in the Middle East or Africa preferred.
- Familiarity with NGOs and project-based fundraising is advantageous.
- Foreign language skills, especially Arabic or French, are preferable.
Bachelor's degree in field related to specific program as indicated and six years program related experience, or equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org