IFES is an international, nonprofit organization that supports the building of democratic societies. IFES provides targeted technical assistance to strengthen transitional democracies. Founded in 1987 as a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization, IFES has developed and implemented comprehensive, collaborative democracy solutions in more than 135 countries.
IFES is currently implementing several projects in the Americas region. We provide technical assistance to electoral management bodies in different areas of the electoral process, including but not limited to, voter and candidate registration, election administration and strategic planning, communications and outreach, political campaign finance, electoral security, inclusion of vulnerable or traditionally marginalized populations, among others. For details, look here: https://www.ifes.org/americas
The Program Associate (PA) is the entry level position to program work at IFES. As a junior member of the team, the Program Associate will provide operational and programmatic support for current and developing programs in the region. The PA’s responsibilities include:
· Support recruitment and mobilization of consultants for field assignments.
· Maintain project records and documents, including consultant contracts.
· Conduct research and provide general support in proposal development process.
· Prepare and assemble briefing and communication materials as directed.
· Plan and expedite airline, hotel, and visa arrangements.
· Maintain files, scans documents, etc.
· Maintain calendar of events and coordinate external events.
· Provide targeted assistance on special projects and assignments.
· Attend meetings at request of supervisor to gather and share information with colleagues.
· May travel, on a limited basis, to field in support of project activities.
· BS/BA with 0 to 2 years’ experience in international development or related field.
· Experienced with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
· Written and oral fluency in Spanish is a must.
· Familiarity with USAID regulations helpful.
· Internship(s) experience with International NGO is a plus.
· Introductory experience in proposal development support is a plus.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org