Dexis Professional Services (DPS), a wholly-owned, independently operated business unit established in 2016 to provide support services to United States Government (USG) agencies that were previously provided by the parent company, Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis). Committed to excellence in institutional support and staff augmentation, DPS draws on the parent company’s 15+ years of experience fielding domestic and overseas technical, operational, professional and managerial staff for various USG clients.
DPS seeks qualified candidates for the role of Special Assistant to support USAID's Bureau for Economic Growth, Education and Environment.
This position will be responsible for performing a range of operational duties to maximize the contributions – internally, externally, and publicly – of senior advisors and managers. The position’s major duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assembles, analyzes, and communicates facts, evidence, and expert opinions related to areas of strategic importance to the
- Prepares or coordinates preparation of a wide range of events, trips, reports, briefings, presentations, memos, publications, and other means of
- Writes speeches, designs and coordinates events, creates and executes strategies to maximize office engagement opportunities to maximize high level
- Liaisons with and responds to inquiries from various internal and external stakeholder groups, including Congress, the US Department of State, other federal agencies, the White House, development partners and donors, and other interested
- Conducts or contributes to a variety of outreach, promotion, communication activities. This includes supporting broad strategies to build relationships and engage with diverse groups and individuals and utilizing social media
- Coordinates work products and deliverables with USAID Missions, regional bureaus, and independent offices, as well as with interagency partners and external
- Compiles and reviews information on potential problems and issues; prepare oral and written reports that address the problems; and make recommendations for their
- Helps with the advance planning, scheduling, and logistical coordination for the manager’s domestic and international events and travel. Serves as the advance lead for the manager’s DC- based speaking events, and manages flights, ground transportation, and hotel booking for the activity. Handles all aspects of travel preparation (country clearance, travel authorization, trip planning and closeout).
- Works with senior managers, and other relevant positions to develop strategic travel schedules, schedule trip calls, and with bureau staff to define briefing needs and trip deliverables, so trip itineraries reflect USAID
- Write content and
- Creates success stories and highlights.
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 years related experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong accuracy, attention to detail and organization skills required.
- Ability to exercise discretion and handle confidential information essential.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite with demonstrated experience compiling reports, writing speeches and memos, developing presentations and other communication materials.
- Demonstrated event planning and travel arrangement experience.
- Ability to produce quality content under tight deadlines with competing responsibilities with resilience, discretion, and diplomacy.
- Ability to work on projects independently as well as working well as part of a team.
- Active Secret level clearance required to perform duties.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org