The ALDE Party is the European liberal political family, bringing together 63 parties from 44 European countries. Its role is to strengthen its member parties and to communicate liberal policy ideas for Europe. The Brussels-based Secretariat of the ALDE Party organises the activities of the party, manages the external communication and provides campaign strategy consultancy to member parties.
To support our growing activities, we are now seeking a: Social Media Officer (m/f).
The position will be under the supervision of the Head of the Communication Unit and the main responsibilities are:
- Manage the ALDE Party Social Media profiles (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin);
- Plan and execute a social media strategy and monitor latest developments and trends;
- Cover live events on social media, including Facebook Live or live tweeting;
- Create and execute social media campaigns and promotions;
- Create content for social media, website and newsletter;
- Monitor, analyse and use social media statistics;
- Coordinate with fundraising team on campaigns.
- 2-3 years experience in political communications;
- Degree in public communication, press or media or social sciences;
- Interest and affinities in liberalism and liberal policies as well as European politics;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Experience in Social Media targetting;
- Creative and proactive profile with good interpersonal skills;
- Attention to detail, problem solving, organisational, & analytical skills;
- Interest in visual content production, such as graphic design and video production;
- Experience in CMS tools, particularly Drupal.
The ALDE Party is a registered European political party and its staff is working in the frame of employee contracts submitted to Belgian Law.
The position will be based in Brussels with occassional travel.
To apply, please send a CV and letter of motivation by Sunday 30 September 2018 at 12.00 CET mentioning the vacancy reference “Social Media Officer” and your first and second names in the subject line.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org