I want to work with some of the most exciting and influential actors in philanthropy in Europe and beyond!
I want to immerse myself in the heart of Europe, develop my language skills, and work within an international team!
I want to advance my career and be selected as the new Thematic Networks Coordinator at the European Foundation Centre!
If we grabbed your attention you’re probably the smart, dynamic, experienced networker who we are looking for to coordinate several of our international working groups/networks/committees. Are you a highly driven and entrepreneurial communicator with a team player attitude? If so read on! We welcome applications from early-mid career as well as more experienced professionals.
Your responsibilities include:
- Primary responsibility for the management of a number of thematic networks within EFC members’ sphere of activities;
- Coordination of the networks’ activities with colleagues in other departments;
- Report to the Policy and Programmes Director on developments within network portfolio;
- Set up yearly work plans, in conjunction with members and relevant EFC staff;
- Draft and manage networks’ budgets;
- Draft grant requests, management of grants including activity and financial reporting;
- Constantly strive to improve content and delivery of thematic network activities and programmes, taking into consideration relevant philanthropic, European and policy developments;
- Reach out to members and players active within EFC’s thematic networks in order to: maintain and build sustainable relationships; enhance engagement; gather and share information and know-how; secure financial resources for new and ongoing projects and activities; explore potential members;
- Communicate externally and internally on EFC networks, programmes, activities and events.
- Be able to work both autonomously and as part of an international team;
- Have exceptional communication skills in English (C1-2), both written and verbal (other languages are an asset);
- Be a people person and be adaptable, entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, well-organised, reliable, proactive and have a positive, can-do attitude;
- Have project management experience;
- Ideally have experience in and understanding of membership associations and/or the non-profit sector, and more specifically institutional philanthropy;
- Enjoy working in a small, busy office in the centre of Brussels;
- Have the ability to gather and share information and know-how.
What we offer:
- A full-time permanent contract;
- An attractive salary commensurate with experience and extra-legal benefits including hospitalisation insurance, and, after one year, group insurance;
- A monthly public transport reimbursement;
- A contribution toward one language course per year, up to €250;
- An attractive holiday regime in line with Belgian legislation and the European Commission holiday calendar;
- Lunch vouchers;
- A flexible and friendly work atmosphere in a beautiful building in the centre of Brussels.
A bit about us:
The European Foundation Centre, based in Brussels, is the platform for and champion of institutional philanthropy – with a focus on Europe, but also with an eye to the global philanthropic landscape.
We are an international network of 200+ member foundations working in areas as diverse as culture, migration, health, socio-economic development and employment, scientific excellence, civil and human rights, environment...
Send your CV and half page cover letter by 4 October 2018 and mention “Thematic Network Coordinator” in the subject line.
Please note that EFC will only respond to candidates selected for interviews. Please do not contact the EFC to enquire about the status of your application.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org