FutureSense supports disadvantaged communities around the world to help them build a brighter future. Through our long-term programs, we offer opportunities for individuals and groups to contribute to our sustainable in-country development work. Our volunteers include individuals on a gap year programme (GapGuru), or those on a career break (Inspire), as well as groups of university students (Challenges Abroad).
We currently operate programs across 7 countries and support grassroots community based partners, local schools and health centers, and NGO projects.
We are looking for a strong candidate to join our team as Deputy Country Operations Manager in Cambodia. The ideal candidate will have excellent management, customer service and communication skills to manage and support the development and delivery of our programs. Previous volunteering experience or working with volunteers with knowledge and understanding of the development sector are essential. Experience delivering community development projects of a similar nature and scale to FutureSense’s and previous experience in a similar organization in a management role are desirable. This position will report to the Country Operations Manager (COM) and work in tandem with the local team.
Purpose of Role
- Working alongside the COM to ensure effective and efficient management of hub resources including logistics, finances, and volunteer and vendor management
- Identify new partner organizations and developing new programs
- Coordinate with UK office about volunteer and group projects logistics
- Provide support to participants, help them settle into the country, achieve their set objectives and make the most of their time in-country
- Support COM in managing monthly operational budgets and volunteer expenses
- Support COM in managing and coordinating local team
- Coordinate and run all pre-departure sessions with volunteers and groups
- Aid in the development and long-term planning of local programs and how to measure impact and success
- Work closely with the in-country team to provide volunteers with a valuable experience
- Represent the best interests of FutureSense and the programs we run
- Ensure the safety and security of staff and volunteers through risk management
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Master’s degree (preferred)
- Experience living and working abroad and/or with people from different cultures (minimum of 3 years)
- Able to manage multiple projects, strong organizational skills, and strong time management skills
- Comfortable working in a flexible environment and prepared to go above and beyond and work long hours
- Strong communication and public speaking skills
- Skilled in developing professional relationships
- Budgeting and financial management experience
- Strong people management skills and experience of managing groups, staff and volunteers
- A good understanding and experience of international community development, education and skill development issues
- Able to enthuse others on key issues and contribute to strategic planning
- Proven ability to deliver high quality training and experiential learning in an effective and safe way for youth and adult audiences using a variety of media and styles to maximize learning and outcomes
- Ability to motivate and support staff to achieve success consistently
- The ability to deal with conflict and overcome challenges
- First Aid Certified (Preferred)
- Current working with children (or similar) background check or ability to acquire one before beginning
Please email a CV and covering letter outlining why you are the right person for this role and how you will build the capacity of our in country development, along with 2 references.
Selected candidate will be remunerated with a local living stipend, visas, work expenses, paid holiday leave, international flights, and insurance.
We are looking to hire quickly and will be interviewing on a rolling basis. Please submit materials as soon as possible.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org