Ready for an amazing job opportunity in the advocacy world? Here's your chance to leverage your communications, political and events skills while getting hands-on experience at one of the premier boutique consulting firms in D.C. - Schrayer & Associates. Apply for our newest Associate position - at least three years of experience needed - to join our firm that for 25 years has helped move the public policy needle for a wide range of clients.
Communications, Advocacy and Events Associate
Schrayer and Associates, Inc. (S&A), a fast-paced and highly regarded political and advocacy consulting firm, is seeking an experienced communications and events professional to join its talented team in providing a range of strategic and advocacy services to a diverse client base. The position will be responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of communications, marketing and online strategies for clients. In addition, this position will collaborate with team members in the planning and implementation of advocacy campaigns, including high impact client events. The position will have a wide range of opportunities for future growth and reside in Washington, D.C.
- Message & Material Development. Assist in writing impactful and timely content for client projects, including message points, and background memos; oversee digital strategies and design and production of print and digital materials and visuals for client events.
- Internal Digital Management. Work with S&A team members to develop creative content for S&A’s digital platforms, including website, blog, Twitter and Facebook.
- Event Logistics and Planning. Support the design, planning and implementation of high-impact client events, such as VIP Capitol Hill fly-ins, conferences, and salon style dinners. Assist with creating event plans and logistics, selecting venues, preparing speaker and event invitations, recruitment tracking, and managing vendor relationships.
- Meeting Support. Assist with preparations for client meetings, including PowerPoint presentations, background research, drafting agendas and coordinating logistics.
- Strategic Planning. Contribute to the development of client strategic plans, assisting with research, analysis, engagement and drafting of plans.
- Office Support. Coordinate with S&A team members, as needed, on internal operations, that may include support of client billing and processing vendor invoices.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of relevant professional experience.
- Strong project management and organizational skills; creative and detail-oriented.
- Strong communications (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Political organizing or advocacy experience; engaging grasstops advocates, a plus.
- Skilled in Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint; social media proficiency; experience with graphic design and event programs (Constant Contact, Social Tables, etc.) a plus.
Limited travel expected.
Competitive salary will be offered, commensurate with experience and qualifications. S&A also provides a generous package of benefits, including health and disability insurance, retirement plan, vacation and sick leave, and paid holidays.
Please email cover letter and resume and reference “Associate” in subject line. No calls please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org