You will serve as a Strategic Plans & Policy Specialist in the HQ USPACOM, Strategic Planning & Policy Directorate (J5) of HEADQUARTERS US PACIFIC COMMAND. A Cost-of-Living-Allowance (COLA) of 10.99% will be added to the stated salary. COLA is subject to change at any time.
Learn more about this agency
- You will develop and implement force posture, regional security strategies and policies based on U.S. national defense / foreign policy statements, written policies and the evolving geo-political world situation.
- You will provide analysis, recommendations, and present expert briefings to the Commander and the Director for Strategic Planning and Policy on key strategic force posture activities and planning.
- You will lead, plan, manage, and facilitate activities associated with the planning and monitoring planning across service and combatant commands to align posture against specific national problem sets.
- You will provide analytic framework for strategic planning to guide component commands on setting force structure capabilities and programming priorities.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify/.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or pass the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- This position is considered Key/Emergency-Essential. You will be required to provide immediate and continuing support to ensure the success of combat operations or the availability of combat-essential systems.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. Passport.
Your resume must demonstrate one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-12) or pay band in the federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate all of the following: 1) Developing regional security plans related to force posture planning (i.e. regional access, force requirements, overseas force structure changes, global force management); 2) Preparing recommendations, information papers, and/or briefings for senior leaders as it relates to geo-political issues; and 3) Conducting working meetings to lead, plan, manage, and/or facilitate the maintenance and adjustments aligned with the organizations overall strategy.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/group-stds/gs-admin.asp.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org