General Electric’s Global Government Affairs & Policy (GGA&P) group is seeking a Government Affairs Coordinator to support its Globalization, Legislative and Tax teams. GGA&P oversees GE’s engagement on public policy issues with the US Congress, the US Executive Branch, and governments around the world and multilateral institutions.
In a newly created role, the Government Affairs Coordinator will work across the Globalization, Legislative and Tax teams on event coordination, research, executive scheduling, office management and administrative support. Candidates should have an interest in domestic/foreign policy and a desire to work in a dynamic team environment.
- Coordinate internal and external meetings/events, including with staffs of senior US officials and foreign leaders.
- Provide administrative support to executives on matters such as scheduling, travel and expenses, PAC requests and lobbying disclosure.
- Maintain team databases such as contact lists for Congressional, Executive Branch and Diplomatic stakeholders
- Create and edit correspondence, presentations and briefing materials
- Conduct research on select topics on an ad-hoc basis
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university (graduate degree welcomed but not required)
- Minimum 3-4 years of relevant background experience in legislative affairs, policy research, scheduling or administrative support in a congressional, executive branch, diplomatic or government affairs office
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a high-performance culture and team setting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office as well as ability to adapt and experiment with new technologies
- Strong written communication skills
- Comfort interacting with senior government and corporate leaders
- Clear thinker, with ability to simplify and solve problems
- Able to effectively manage multiple simultaneous priorities
- Strong collaborator and team player
- Entrepreneurial approach to work, with desire to improve processes and team outcomes
- Demonstrated interest in politics, policy or foreign affairs
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org