CrowdStrike is a leading provider of next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. We are the fastest growing endpoint protection company, one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success. The CrowdStrike Falcon platform uses sophisticated machine learning and Indicator-of-Attack (IOA) based threat prevention to stop both known and unknown threats.
- January 2018: Awarded #1 in the Visionaries quadrant of the 2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Endpoint Protection Platforms.
- February 2018: Great Place to Work
In 2017, we:
- Were ranked No. 34 Best Medium Workplaces by Fortune magazine and consulting firm Great Place to Work
- Were ranked No. 25 most attractive start-ups to work for by LinkedIn
- Closed $100 million equity financing round, at a valuation of over $1 billion dollar (backed by Accel, CapitalG (Google), and Warburg Pincus)
- Were deemed the Best Cyber Security Company and Best Behaviour Analytics/Enterprise Threat Detection in 2017 SC Awards
- Were Ranked No. 8 Best Workplaces in Technology, according to global research and consulting firm Great Place to Work and Fortune Magazine
About the Program
The CrowdStrike Falcon Intelligence Program is a 10 to 12-week full-time summer internship that provides individuals with experience across all major aspects of the CrowdStrike Falcon Intelligence Team.
Internship opportunities are available in the following areas:
- Intelligence Analyst
- Security Researcher
- Technical Editor
- Virtual Operations Specialist (Arlington, VA)
- Conduct research and based on open source and proprietary intelligence to include the reading, summarizing, and documenting of information about the development of recent targeted intrusion adversary tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) including, but not limited to: new activity, new tools, changes in targeting patterns, and changes in motivations.
- Analyze intelligence and incorporate results into reporting that can be consumed by customers as well as others inside the company. Reporting should blend information on technical aspects of adversary activity with more strategic topics such as relevant geopolitical information.
- Compose written analysis related to cyber security threats with guidance from Intelligence Analysis Cell (IAC) members.
- Incorporate information developed through research and analysis into customer-facing actor profiles as well as other internal tracking systems.
- Targeted Majors: Intelligence Analysis, Political Science, International Relations, legal. Foreign language studies a plus.
- Conduct OSINT research, which includes reading, summarizing, and documenting open-source information about recent malware variants, new vulnerabilities, and interesting adversary tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- Conduct deep-dive technical analysis, review findings, incorporate indicators into a knowledge base, and pivot from found indicators to hunt for more malware samples.
- Perform tool development, with guidance from TAC mentors and as needs arise, to help Falcon Intelligence’s Technical Analysis Cell (TAC) automate common tasks and improve workflow.
- Compose written intelligence assessments related to the deep-dive technical analysis with adequate guidance from TAC mentors.
- Targeted Majors: Computer Science
- Provide editorial guidance to content authors, ensuring proper grammar, readability, and adherence to the Intelligence Style Guide.
- Format written and graphical content of finished Intelligence products to effectively communicate findings to customers.
- Transfer draft content from MS Word and Google Docs to a web-based content management system such as WordPress.
- Work closely with the editors to understand needs related to format, structure, and overall look and feel of finished Intelligence products.
- Targeted Majors: Communications
- Ability to make complex technical concepts easily understandable.
- Ability to shift quickly between tasks to respond to high-priority assignments.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workload, and maintain organization.
- Willingness to collaborate and communicate with all stakeholders.
- Excellent English writing skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to create and use templates in MS Word.
- Familiarity with alternative word processing applications such as Google Documents.
- Familiarity with HTML publishing and online content management systems such as WordPress a plus.
Virtual Operations Specialist (Arlington, VA)
- Report raw intelligence that responds to established standing and ad hoc requirements in support of targeted intrusion, e-crime, and hacktivist missions.
- Develop and maintain active users in targeted virtual underground environments.
- Employ operational tradecraft methods and secure practices.
- Track threat actors in a wide variety of mediums. Assess quality and credibility of operators, toolsets, and other information offered.
- Identify current and emerging cyber threats and trends including technical information as well as geopolitical and transnational events/issues.
- Collaborate on analytical reports and threat estimates related to cyber security issues and threat actors’ Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs).
- Collaborate with different areas of the Intelligence Team to share knowledge and increase quality of work product.
- Collaborate with teams across the CrowdStrike organization to provide regional expertise and gather information for finished intelligence products.
- Targeted Majors: Intelligence Analysis, Political Science, International Relations, Computer Science. Foreign language a plus.
- Motivated self-starter with experience in a wide variety of foreign language mediums, to include hidden sites/forums, etc.
- Strong language skills, particularly reading and writing. (Minimum 3+/3+ level proficiency or equivalent)
- Familiarity with various internet colloquialisms and regional dialects.
- Understanding of technical terminology, tools, and tactics employed by threat actors a plus.
- Comprehensive, practical knowledge of research/collection tradecraft and analytical methods a plus.
- Understanding of the current geopolitical and transnational events and issues.
Prospective candidates must:
- Be working on a BA or BS / MA or MS degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Computer Science/Engineering, Math, Information Security, Information Systems, Information Assurance, Information Security Management, Intelligence Studies, Data Science, Cybersecurity, or other related field.
- Be a rising Junior/Senior (if pursuing an undergraduate degree)
- Be scheduled to graduate after August 2019
- Be willing and able to work from Los Angeles, St. Louis, or the Washington, D.C. Metro area.
Desired Skills and Qualities
Strong candidates will:
- Have an investigative mindset and a desire to find and stop evil
- Keep up with the latest vulnerabilities and breaches
- Be self-motivated and actively seek opportunities for growth
- Desire to rapidly accelerate their skills
- Crave new and innovative work
- Be able to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Desire to develop both technical and soft skills
- Contribute to a positive work environment, and have a can-do attitude
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industries best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org