IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information.
The Program Coordinator will join the Information & Media (I&M) practice to support project teams that provide strategic and administrative support in the day-to-day administration of program activities. S/he will contribute to financial monitoring, logistics support, work planning and implementation of program initiatives, grants management, liaising between field and home office staff, communications, and reporting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate as a full member of one or more program teams, providing program coordination and backstopping support;
- Track and analyze financial data including program expenditures, program and event budgets, forecasts and recasts, and grantee and vendor payments;
- Process payments according to IREX procedures;
- Manage consultant and sub-award agreements, deliverable tracking, logistics, and payments;
- Process and maintain procurement and financial records; review payment requests and invoices for accuracy and compliance;
- Manage operations, logistics, and travel
- Track and analyze work plan activity progress toward project objectives and/or track and analyze project indicator data;
- Assist in developing program material, including, for example, research and design of training workshops and curricula, internal/external presentations, and website communications/impact stories;
- Support program monitoring and evaluation, including data collection, analysis, presentation, and reporting;
- Maintain familiarity with and help field office teams access IREX/DC office policies, procedures, support staff, and resources;
- Maintain effective relations and coordination with program donors and partners;
- Support senior staff and development officers in researching and developing proposals and other tasks as deemed necessary for new business development, and;
- Other administrative and programmatic duties, as assigned.
Please upload a file that includes a resume and a cover letter that includes your salary range requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, international relations, journalism, communications, or related field; Master’s degree is preferred;
- A minimum of 2 years of full-time experience providing management support to international development projects in the areas of access to information, media, journalism, communications, or related field and/or experience living/working abroad;
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate challenges and problem solve;
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated cross-cultural sensitivity and professionalism in written correspondence and report writing;
- Able to work independently and as a team member, with consistent ability to take initiative;
- Proven organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, including the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced working environment;
- Excellent ability to remain flexible while adhering to strict deadlines;
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software;
- Speaking, reading, and writing proficiency in English is required;
- Proficiency in a second language relevant to I&M projects or initiatives (e.g. Ukrainian, Arabic, Spanish) is preferred;
- Demonstrated experience with financial tracking and budget management strongly preferred;
- Experience working with USG or other donor-funded programs preferred;
- Experience with subgrant management, including due diligence and risk assessments of grantees desired;
- Knowledge of and experience with Monitoring and Evaluation and data collection is preferred; and
- Study, work, or living experience abroad is preferred.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org