Global Counsel is seeking a Senior Associate based in Brussels to support its growing financial services practice. This is a role working across a range of banking, insurance and asset management issues, in support of clients that range from large financial institutions to fintech startups to investors. The role will focus on EU and member state public policy, in particular developments within the Capital Markets Union (CMU) and Banking Union agendas, and their successor initiatives under the next European Commission.
The successful candidate will have at least two years’ direct policymaking experience, or experience of working in a similarly rigorous business or think tank, as well as an appetite for developing knowledge and skills in a fast-paced working environment. The role will be based in GC’s Brussels office.
Role and responsibilities
- Research political and regulatory developments in the EU financial services agenda and provide clear, concise reports to clients, both in writing and orally;
- Deliver analysis and advice for clients seeking to respond to, and engage in, the policy and decision-making process in the EU and key member states;
- Identify, map and prioritise key stakeholders across the EU institutional landscape for clients, and provide tactical and strategic advice on engagement;
- Maintain and develop a network of policymakers in Brussels to build Global Counsel’s reputation as a source of insight and expertise;
- Plan and script engagement with key stakeholders, including where creative responses to new policy proposals are needed;
- Support design and delivery of workshops, events and thought leadership for Global Counsel and for clients, on specific policy areas such as FinTech or sustainable finance;
- Produce original written content, including policy papers, published blogs, progress reports and marketing material;
- Support business development by researching potential target clients.
- Educated to at least degree level;
- At least 2-3 years of experience working in government, business, think-tank, trade union or trade association, with an emphasis on financial services related public policy;
- Demonstrated experience in producing high quality, concise written analysis on EU politics and financial services policy;
- Demonstrated experience in effective engagement with representatives from the EU institutions, member state governments, financial services sector and think tank community;
- Languages – Fluency in English plus one of French or German. Additional European languages an advantage;
- Hours – full-time.
- Competitive - dependent on experience.
- The role is available immediately.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org