Minimum 5 years professional experience in European Affairs with a focus on skills, education, training, mobility and migration policies.
To support its activities, EUROCHAMBRES is recruiting a (Senior) Policy Advisor (m/f) with a minimum of 5 years experiences in EU policy-making or advocacy.
- Coordinate EUROCHAMBRES’ People Committee leading Chamber engagement on skills, education, training, mobility and migration;
- Contribute to the shaping of training/education paths of the future, highlighting the role of vocational education & training (VET);
- Ensure that Chambers are prominent in policy discussions on VET, apprenticeships and work-based learning;
- Push for measures at EU level to address the mismatch between the skills available and those required by businesses across Europe;
- Position the Chamber network at European level in the education, training and employment debates, notably ensuring active involvement in policy discussions and participation in various relevant expert groups and EU initiatives, such as ECVET, ACVT, EQF, ESCO, ET2020 VET, Europass etc.;
- Develop positive actions with the Chamber network for specific target groups, i.a. young people and migrants;
- Facilitate exchanges and capacity building between Chambers at national and regional level on relevant activities;
- Lead Chambers’ drive for a pan-European mechanism for the economic integration of migrants.
- Relevant academic background (politics, European law…);
- Solid understanding of the European Commission priorities and skills, education, training, mobility and migration policies;
- At least 5 years’ qualified experience of working with and/or in the EU institutions;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Capacity for negotiation and diplomacy;
- A track record in effective external representation;
- Excellent written and spoken English and good knowledge of at least one other European language, ideally German and/or French;
- Advocacy campaign management experience;
- Communication flair, including media and social media.
Contract: Belgian Permanent
Salary range: Between EUR 2,600 – EUR 3,900 monthly gross salary (depending on experience) Benefits: 13th month, Hospitalization Insurance, Medical and Dental Care Insurance, Pension Contribution and Luncheon Vouchers.
A challenging and international work environment
To apply, please send your CV and a short motivation letter outlining your relevant experience and suitability for the role, in English by 20 October, indicating ‘ Policy Advisor SKILLS’ in the subject line of your application.
Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted.
All costs incurred to apply for the vacancy and to attend the interview(s) are to be borne by the candidates and will not be reimbursed.
You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide data to EUROCHAMBRES Aisbl during the recruitment process. However, if you do not provide the information or you do not consent EUROCHAMBRES to process the data, we may not be able to process your application properly or at all.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org