The Office of Science and Technology Austria - OSTA - at the Embassy of Austria in Washington D.C. is seeking a qualified, outgoing person to join its team as a full-time Office manager.
The successful applicant will hold the important role of creating the basis for a functioning work environment at the office by managing general daily office tasks and by maintaining the OSTA’s database and IT system. This position requires a long-term commitment from an ambitious applicant and offers room for growth within the OSTA.
Location: Austrian Embassy Washington D.C.
Date of Employment: November 2018
Starting salary: US $ 40,000 – 48,000 gross p.a. depending on qualifications and experience.
Benefits: paid vacation and holiday leave, sick leave and contribution to employee’s health care plan.
This is a full-time position. Salary and employment details will be confirmed upon offer of employment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Supervises and troubleshoots the OSTA’s IT system and database, system security, and liaises with IT contractors;
• Administers the OSTA’s database, including monitoring of database content and responsibility for technical updates;
• Trains new OSTA members & coaches OSTA team on the use of the database and IT updates.
• Functions as the main point of contact for the office;
• General office/clerical duties;
• Assists with the OSTA’s accounting and banking business, including quarterly financial reports and payroll;
• Orders office supplies and maintains office equipment incl. IT and inventory;
• Coordinates meetings and supports events;
• Organizes business travels;
• Performs additional responsibilities as requested or assigned.
• Confidence in handling bookkeeping/accounting;
• Demonstrates computer skills and proficiency in macOS Server and Microsoft Office applications;
• Self-Starter with the ability to perform duties autonomously;
• Detail-orientated with strong organizational and time-management skills;
• Ability to conduct, manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously;
• Excellent verbal and written skills in English;
• Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a motivated team;
• Effective analytical and problem-solving skills and execution of independent judgment;
• Strong work ethics and ability to self-motivate and show initiative;
• Polite and helpful, excellent team player with strong communication skills.
• Quickbooks Online Accounting Software;
• CRM experience;
• Knowledge of the “Teamwork” project management software;
• Knowledge of CMS (Joomla);
• Proficiency in German.
How to apply:
Please apply by October 31, 2018.
Applications should include:
• A CV of not more than two pages;
• A cover letter of not more than one page.
All applications should be submitted by email to office[at]ostaustria.org
Please use the subject line “Application: Office Manager | [First name] [Last name] ”
Please do not attach copies of certificates or references, as these will be requested at a later stage. Only applicants who meet essential requirements will be contacted for an interview.
We regret we are unable to refund travel expenses.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $48,000.00 /year