Duration: One-year contract, renewable
Starting: As soon as possible
Remuneration: According to EuroMed Rights salary scale, based on years of experience + reimbursement of public transport, lunch vouchers, medical insurance and group pension fund
Application deadline: 28 October 2018, midnight CET
EuroMed Rights is looking to recruit a motivated Communication Assistant for its Communication Department in the heart of Brussels. The position would be a one-year contract (renewable) starting as soon as possible.
Description of Tasks
The Communication Assistant will assist the Communication Director in the implementation of EuroMed Rights Communication activities.
The Communication Assistant will undertake the following tasks, under the supervision of the Communication Director:
- Writing, editing and translating documents for several outputs (website, publications, newsletter, video scripts, etc.);
- Drafting and sending out EuroMed Rights monthly newsletter in 3 languages (EN/FR/AR);
- Managing web and social media content;
- Media Monitoring on the Euro-Mediterranean Region;
- Supporting communication with member organisations;
- Liaising and negotiating with suppliers, partners, project managers;
- Supporting all requested communication and day-to-day activities in the office;
- Supporting ad hoc needs, based on the work of a fast-paced, flexible organisation;
- Supporting the Communication team with the practical and logistical organisation of activities, including public events, seminars, etc.;
- Participating in meetings, taking notes and preparing press reviews;
- Ensure the printing, translation, publishing and promotion of materials and reports;
- Support the drafting of narrative and financial reports;
- Represent the Hub upon delegation by the Project Coordinator.
Profile, Skills and Background
- University degree in Journalism, Communication, European Studies, Human Rights, Law, or Political and Social Science – other degrees may also be considered;
- Two years experience in communications;
- Experience on social media campaigns;
- Experience and familiarity with civil society work will be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of the functioning of the EU institutions and EU’s foreign policy, in particular towards its Southern Neigbourhood, and of human rights standards;
- Knowledge of the MENA Region;
- IT-literacy and professional experience in graphic design will be an asset;
- Self-motivated, well-organised, keen attention to details, able to work independently and efficiently under pressure (sometimes during weekends);
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Languages: excellent written and spoken English and French, working knowledge of Arabic will be a strong asset.
If you believe you qualify for this position, please send your CV and motivation letter (in English) by 28 October 2018 at midnight CET to Marie Picalausa, Administrative, Financial & Human Resource Officer.
In addition to that please attach a document (max. 1 page, in English) in which you respond to the following:
- What do you think you can bring to EuroMed Rights? Why?
- Describe a recent communication-related task in which you have played a key role.
- What practical steps would you follow if you had to organise a small social media campaign ahead of the Algerian presidential elections?
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org