The Country Director will be responsible for overseeing all program operations, managing foreign and local staff, and leading the launch and expansion of the Global Glimpse program in Panamá. The Country Director will be the face of Global Glimpse in Panamá and will be responsible for developing and managing all programs in the country. This role will oversee the full country budget, develop and facilitate staff trainings, oversee health and safety, negotiate contracts, manage local partner relationships, and hire and manage full-time staff and seasonal staff. This is an opportunity for an experienced leader to develop strong skills in a fast-paced international non-profit organization.
Duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Manage a full budget for program development and execution starting at $350,000 and growing to $550,000 by 2021
- Continually conduct a comprehensive risk assessment in all program locations
- Maintain and upgrade sustainable program infrastructure: legal, accounting, financial management and reporting, bank accounts, and payroll
- Work with Panamá Program Manager to negotiate contracts and maintain relationships with local providers including food, accommodation, and transportation
- Hold all partners and providers accountable to Global Glimpse health and safety standards and contractual agreements
- Support new site development by building and maintaining a local network of partnerships across sectors to ensure Global Glimpse has adequate connections and resources to execute highly impactful programs
- Develop engaging 16-day itinerary templates for Global Glimpse programs in all program sites in Panamá
- Manage the recruitment, hiring, and onboarding of seasonal Program Coordinators to develop and execute summer programs
- Deliver trainings and prepare seasonal Program Coordinators to execute successful summer programs
- Ensure that all students and teachers traveling to Panama have fun, safe and educational experiences and all local partnerships are stewarded and supported when delegations are in the country during the months of June, July, and August
- Be available 24/7 during the summer season when delegations are in-country to problem-solve health and behavior issues, changes in schedules, staffing issues, and other emergencies
- Review and analyze program evaluations and end of season reports and develop strategies to implement improvements for the following year
- Bilingual: 100% English and Spanish fluency (professional-level written and verbal skills)
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations, education, business administration or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience, preferably in the field of international education or tourism
- Experience networking and building successful community relationships and development initiatives in Panamá
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, strong time management skills
- Strong computer and editing skills to elaborate Excel spreadsheets, Google Documents, contracts, emails, etc.
- Passion for Panamanian culture and the Global Glimpse mission
- Experience working with and managing diverse international teams
- Negotiation and partnership agreement skills
- Experience overseeing projects with budgets exceeding $350,000+
- Understanding of legal and financial oversight, especially as it pertains to NGOs in Panama
- Enjoys working with others, strong team player
- Committed, flexible to job needs- willingness to work long hours and travel extensively during the summer season
Ideal Start Date: Monday, December. 3rd (full time, at will employment). Seeking commitment to the organization.
- Fall-Spring: Travel within Panamá 5-10 days per month
- Summer (when delegations are in-country): Support summer program sites and staff. Travel back and forth visiting program sites.
We provide a monthly cell phone plan, health insurance, 30 vacation days/ year. Additionally, all work-related travel expenses are covered.
Please upload a resume and a letter of interest in English introducing yourself and describing why you would be an excellent candidate for this position. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, but have a preferred date of November 10th.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org