As Senior Manager, the successful candidate will lead the operational delivery of grants and programs and assist the Senior Director in setting and executing strategy. S/he will, along with the Senior Director, represent the program to CHAI’s leadership, other teams across the organization, and in external forums. S/he will manage a team of 4-5 staff and coordinate grant implementation across nine CHAI countries in Africa and South East Asia. The Senior Manager must have excellent relationship management and program management skills.
CHAI is seeking an individual with at least 10 years’ experience involving county-level experience delivering innovative public health interventions. A proven record of leadership, strategy development, program management, communication skills and analytical skills are required. The Senior Manager must be able to function independently and flexibly in a fast-paced environment. CHAI places great value on personal qualities including resourcefulness, tenacity, humility and a strong commitment to excellence.
The position will require significant international travel, estimated at ~40-50%. This position reports to the Senior Director, Tuberculosis Access Team.
- Oversee the operational execution of CHAI’s TB strategy;
- Manage program performance against donor, grant and internal deliverables and timelines.Supervise country support activities and the country support team;
- Lead CHAI’s efforts to drive programmatic innovations that accelerate TB reduction and deliver value for money;
- Manage processes and tools for planning, budgeting and financial reporting as they pertain to the TB project/program implementation;
- Manage relationships with external partners and coordinate engagement with key stakeholders and opinion leaders on specific topics including TB regulatory and quality issues, pricing, treatment guidelines, and market intelligence by attending international meetings as needed;
- Represent CHAI at conferences, on task forces, and in other public fora; serve as a trusted advisor and partner to global NGOs and UN organizations on a variety of TB market access issues;
- Administer TB grants, which includes working closely with donors and cross-functional CHAI team on grant management needs;
- Develop and lead the TB country engagement strategy to address specific TB-related concerns within a given country, assist in balancing allocation of team responses against that strategy and supervise the implementation and execution at country level;
- Develop and maintain up-to date expertise in developments in the TB field at the global level.
- Minimum 10 years of experience, preference for candidates with senior level experience at a leading global public health organization
- Experience program managing complex projects
- Experience conceiving, planning and executing programs or projects
- Proven stakeholder relationship management
- Excellent business-oriented oral and written communication skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset, including ability to work independently, self-motivate, and propose and implement strategic new initiatives in uncertain and evolving environments
- Advanced degree in public health, or other relevant fields a plus
- Experience working in Africa and/or South Asia is a strong plus
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org