The Global Environment & Technology Foundation (GETF) is a non-profit organization with a mission to promote sustainable development through partnerships and targeted action. GETF works with public and private partners to build sustainable communities through the creation of high-impact partnerships, introducing new technologies and managing programs that have a lasting and positive impact on the world.
GETF seeks a Sustainability Fellow to support assigned GETF water stewardship and sustainable agriculture-focused projects across multiple developing countries. The position is available immediately and would require a commitment of 40 hours a week.
Responsibilities may include (but are not limited to):
- Providing general support for assigned GETF sustainability programs, including the Replenish Africa Initiative (RAIN), the Water and Development Alliance (WADA), the U.S. Water Partnership, the New World Program (NWP), Women for Water, and other related projects and activities;
- Assisting with planning and logistics coordination for workshops, steering committee meetings and events;
- Conducting research and drafting findings and analysis;
- Preparing reports, communications and outreach materials;
- Supporting business development efforts through donor outreach and grant proposal development;
- Assisting Program Leads as needed; and
- Performing miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in international development, global studies, environmental science or a related field;
- One to three years of related experience;
- Excellent administrative, organizational, and management abilities with key attention to detail;
- Effective oral and written communications skills;
- Ability to work and troubleshoot in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment;
- Adaptability and ability to re-prioritize according to a changing context;
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with all types of stakeholders and personalities;
- Strong computer skills including the ability to operate specialized software programs (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite, ArcGIS and Adobe Acrobat);
- Experience travelling or living in developing countries preferred, especially in Africa; and
- Language skills ideal (particularly French).
Candidates interested in this position should submit a resume and cover letter via email to Jenny Bennett by October 26, 2018.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org