MAG America is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that raises awareness and funds in the United States for the lifesaving work of the Mines Advisory Group. MAG (Mines Advisory Group) is an international nonprofit organization that saves lives and builds safer futures by removing the remnants of conflict—including landmines, unexploded ordnance and small arms—around the world. MAG is co-laureate of the 1997 Nobel Peace Prize.
MAG America is seeking an energetic and detail-oriented development professional to serve as the organization’s first Development Operations Assistant. This position will support the Development Director in growing the private fundraising program at an exciting time in the organization’s history. In this position, the Development Operations Assistant will be responsible for managing the donor database (Raiser’s Edge), running detailed reports on fundraising, and supporting fundraising activities including direct-mail appeals, events, and targeted communications. The successful candidate will work to maximize the return on fundraising investment with superior data management and provide top-notch support to donors and the MAG America team, strengthening the organization’s relationships with its supporters.
- Provide support to the Development Director in the management of the major donor pipeline, including major donor research, tracking donor communications, detailing donor activity, and ensuring that donor records are updated regularly in Raiser’s Edge.
- Manage all data and analytics for MAG America’s direct mail solicitations and renewal asks, working closely with the MAG fundraising and communications teams to provide input on fundraising collateral, develop up-to-the-minute recipient lists, and track response rates.
- Support the Development Director in measuring and analyzing results of fundraising initiatives to ensure fundraising campaigns are optimized on an ongoing basis.
- Process all private donations, including entering gift information in donor database, depositing cash and check gifts, running donation reconciliation reports for accounting, checking external giving platforms for donations, and maintaining records accordingly.
- Manage the donor receipting process, including the production, scanning, and mailing of weekly acknowledgement letters for gifts, monthly renewal asks, and annual tax statements.
- Assist in providing liaison support for the Development and Advancement Committee of the Board of Directors, including coordination of meetings, providing requested materials, and taking minutes as required.
- Support fundraising and donor cultivation events in the Washington, D.C. area.
- Manage the digital project management tool (Asana) for the department, tracking progress and completion of various projects and events.
- Provide monthly departmental administrative support (such as credit card reconciliation).
Successful candidates will possess:
- A bachelor’s degree and at least two years’ experience in nonprofit fundraising and/or departmental support, with a preferred focus on database management.
- Fluency in Raiser’s Edge, including the ability to add constituents and constituent details, book donations, run queries, and produce mailing lists, letter batches, and financial reports.
- Exceptional data management, ensuring integrity for all donor and supporter information.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Superior communication skills, both orally and in written form.
- Commitment to donor stewardship and satisfaction, including executing thoughtful stewardship tactics for MAG America supporters.
- Ability to work within a team as well as independently with minimal supervision when required.
- Enthusiastic, proactive, and solutions-oriented approach to work.
- Personal commitment to MAG America’s mission and vision.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States.
Salary range is competitive and commensurate with experience. This position is based in MAG America’s office in Washington, D.C. MAG America offers employees a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, and vision insurance, a retirement plan with employer match, and generous PTO.
Please email resumé and cover letter no later than November 15, 2018.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org