The scope of this job is to support the ANSI International Policy Department in the administration and implementation of ANSI’s international projects and development programs. This primarily includes support for one current project, with a particular focus on water and sanitation needs in sub-Saharan Africa and Asia. The position may include tasks associated with other projects and assisting in the identification and pursuit of new opportunities.
- Supports the Director, International Development, Manager, International Development, and other International Policy staff in the administration and implementation of one primary international development project. This includes supporting organization of workshops and other events; developing content for a program specific website, communication with the donor, country program partners, and potential international workshop participants; drafting of project reports and other deliverables, and other activities as needed.
- Engages program country officials in government and the private sector, working to promote and implement solutions for improved sanitation at multiple levels.
- Performs administrative tasks associated with event planning and meeting organization, including meetings/events held outside the United States.
- Helps to ensure that ANSI’s international projects and development initiatives effectively communicate and promote U.S. policies and positions for standards and conformance.
- Support the Director, International Development as needed in the development of proposals or other fundraising for new programs to advance ANSI’s mission internationally.
- Engages external stakeholders including ANSI members, donor organizations, WASH partners, and others in support of ANSI’s international development programs.
- Implements ANSI policies and administrative decisions, and lends expertise to ANSI’s international policy development.
- Keeps supervisor informed of activities and developments in the assigned program areas.
- Performs other duties and carries out special projects as necessary, including support for the Vice President, International Policy.
Education and Training
- Bachelors’ degree required; advanced degree a strong plus – preferably in one or more of the following fields: international development; sanitation engineering; government relations
- Foreign languages – Written and oral communication skills in French or Mandarin Chinese a strong plus
Skills and Experience
- 2 years of work experience, in a related field
- International experience (either studying or working) strongly preferred, particularly in Africa and/or Asia
- Exposure to international development/WASH is a plus
- Background in standardization, conformity assessment or regulatory fields a plus
- Team player with good inter-personal skills. Highly organized, open-minded, flexible self-starter. Ability to work effectively in fast-paced and rapidly changing environments
- Ability to work effectively with various levels within the organization
- Project management experience; Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus
- Outstanding written and oral English communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, MS Project)
- Position requires extensive international travel, particularly sub-Saharan Africa and Asia (up to 60%)
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org